Image: Cowboys Unofficial Depth Chart

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, maybe if we put Romo's name in parenthesis it'll be like he's still there.

Reactions: BAT

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Clarence Hill is such an idiot. This is probably 100% accounting for the fact that Carr, Claiborne, and Scandrick are equal in starting should the opening formation be the nickel defense.
He's always had his moments, but lately he seems to be relishing putting his fundamental lack of football knowledge on display.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that we'll put 3 safeties out on passing downs? What Defense are you running ? Nickel is 3 CBs. Dime (should we ever go there) will bring in Brown.
This......and I think we will see a good amount of Brown this year

Carson

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that we'll put 3 safeties out on passing downs? What Defense are you running ? Nickel is 3 CBs. Dime (should we ever go there) will bring in Brown.

They'll find a way to sub him for Church on 3rd downs

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Some Big Nickel will be 3 Safeties or a big CB or unusually a small fast cover LB along with the rest of the crew. We ran a Big Nickel with Woodson. GB did the same in 96+. Many teams run variants of the Big Nickel and Big Dime to adjust to certain packages esp teams that run a lot of 12. You could talk about tis for awhile.

Sydla

Reaction score
And I bet Hill wonders why people laugh at him and don't take him seriously.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Terrell McClain could never beat out Nick Hayden, but can beat out Cedric Thornton.

Okay.

Of course, it might be a case of the defensive coaching staff wanting the better one technique coming off the bench rather than starting.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It worries me that Thornton isn't starting in place of McClain. He obviously hasn't been what we thought he'd be. At least not at this point.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
It worries me that Thornton isn't starting in place of McClain. He obviously hasn't been what we thought he'd be. At least not at this point.

Don't worry, McClain will find himself on IR for an ingrown toenail or foot fungus by the fourth game. By then, Thornton will know the defense and will have recovered from his time off due to his virus.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
The "unofficial" depth chart doesn't mean much as far as who is going to start or what the actual rotation is going to be.
True. But I did find it interesting that Swaim was listed ahead of Escobar.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Gachkar is a starting linebacker? Yuck. We in trouble.
He's the guy who comes off for nickel so he likely doesn't start or play much this week.

We generally live in nickel versus Giants.

but yea, not good if he has to play the field more than sparingly.
no idea how he beats out durant.

slick325

Reaction score
Biggest surprise is Swaim as 2nd TE.

Jack Crawford over Irving isn't too big of a surprise but didn't expect it

Agreed...surprised Pablo isn't the #2 TE guess his blocking is the hinderance still.

Also surprised that Thornton isn't starting.