Image: Cowboys Unofficial Depth Chart

Doomsay

Reaction score
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 11m11 minutes ago
Cowboys depth chart for Giants game has them with 12 defensive starters cause they got three starters at CB...smh

CrtYwzvUsAAA3A9.jpg
It all add s up to 22, because they have only 10 non-injured starters listed on offense.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
He won't surprise you. Trust and believe.
I know right...these guys got me second guessing myself. Nothing against Gachkar but I view him, Damian Wilson, the one hybrid dude Wilbur as career backups/ special team dudes.

And if any of those guys are pet cats of any zoners, I apologize. Don't mean any disrespect. Just my view on those guys

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Terrell McClain could never beat out Nick Hayden, but can beat out Cedric Thornton.

Okay.

Of course, it might be a case of the defensive coaching staff wanting the better one technique coming off the bench rather than starting.
Are you disrespecting the golden cock?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Terrell McClain could never beat out Nick Hayden, but can beat out Cedric Thornton.

Okay.

Of course, it might be a case of the defensive coaching staff wanting the better one technique coming off the bench rather than starting.

Not really an accurate assessment. McClain easily beat out Hayden, he was just never healthy.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
What surprises me here is that Escobar is 3rd string. It'll be interested to see if that is the case in games. If so, wow, what a bad pick this turned out to be.

Seeing Wilson third string surprised me as well. Very disappointing, hopefully it has more to do with his missed time due to injury than his abilities.

They didn't go heavy on the defensive line, because in 4 weeks we're going to be getting at least Lawrence back.

We basically have a 4 week battle between the fullbacks, backup safeties, and Mark Sanchez is probably traded depending on Romo's timetable for return.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I know right...these guys got me second guessing myself. Nothing against Gachkar but I view him, Damian Wilson, the one hybrid dude Wilbur as career backups/ special team dudes.

And if any of those guys are pet cats of any zoners, I apologize. Don't mean any disrespect. Just my view on those guys
You ain't never lied.
(Like your respectful post.)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 11m11 minutes ago
Cowboys depth chart for Giants game has them with 12 defensive starters cause they got three starters at CB...smh

CrtYwzvUsAAA3A9.jpg

Thanks for posting.

I doubt if this is really the depth chart in the coaches mind.

Gachkar over Wilber at SLB? Doubtful, IMO.

Is Nzeocha really ahead of Durant at MLB? Eventually yes, but I don't think he is right now.

I'm curious if Jack Crawford starts at LDE or if it is Irving. JC played more DT than DE in the preseason, IIRC. Based on the numbers JC has to play DE, but it's odd they played him so much at DT in the preseason because that is where he played almost all of last season.

As I posted before, I'm curious about the CBs when there are only 2 in the game. It seems that Claiborne outplayed Carr in the preseason and in practice.

I need to go back and look, but I think Wilcox still played mostly FS in the preseason. I didn't really focus on him so maybe he did play SS, but that would be interesting. Several people think he would be a little better as SS than at FS.

Escobar vs Swaim is interesting. Escobar did block better than he ever has in this preseason and I think he is a better receiver; however, they gave Swaim a lot of snaps in the ps games. If Witten missed some snaps, I think Escobar would be above Swain as his replacement, but as for being the 2nd TE on the field with Witten it might indeed be Swaim.

I guess that Leary didn't have any incentive to try playing Center, but it's too bad that they didn't try him there because he is going to be inactive on game day.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First thing I saw too.

Damien Wilson is in trouble of he cannot beat out that guy.
Wilson really needed that time he missed at the beginning of TC. IIRC, he missed the 1st two ps games. He appears to have some talent/skills but was mentally off in terms of run fits. His cover was better than I expected. He does have better ability to stack-and-shed than some of the other guys because he has a little better size.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Wilson really needed that time he missed at the beginning of TC. IIRC, he missed the 1st two ps games. He appears to have some talent/skills but was mentally off in terms of run fits. His cover was better than I expected. He does have better ability to stack-and-shed than some of the other guys because he has a little better size.

You're not wrong but didn't Gachkar miss time as well?

I get that time is more valuable to a young player but Gachkar is awful on defense. He and Church are too slow and hurt us in coverage. You have to get those guys off the field.

RS12

Reaction score
Wonder if Swaim is second because he and Dak have a thing, or because Escobar is fading away.

Plankton

Reaction score
Nothing like an unofficial depth chart that spells its starting SLBs name wrong.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
T. Crawford could surprise at LDE, since the Gnats aren't prepping for him there and the Gnats right side is really weak.