Twitter: Cowboys use of RPO usage vs few other teams

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Astoundingly low considering our QB is built like a tank.
RPO doesn't mean the QB has to run.

The Cowboys don't use RPO b/c they are a power run offense. I don't think RPO even existed in 1992.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You are grasping at straws.

Fact- Garrett was forced to hire an OC. We don't know for sure how much control he had in who it was.
Fact- any wr who breaks his ankle typically has a bad year coming off that injury. And coupled with this QB orchestrated career lows in average yards per catch with every receiver on the team 2 years in a row (before coop) maybe it's more than just Dez. They were not a good fit.
Yes I believe Jason wanted linehan gone but at seasons end he couldn't do that without ownership permission. What head coach has to ask the owner to fire his assistant?

And again linehan orchestrated dez's release, not Dez. Jason and Jerry had to be talked into it and it was a disaster. Cooper saved their butts.

You're still guess and guessing wrong. Garrett gave the play calling to the offensive line coach Callahan. When he left to go to the skins Linehan was hired as OC. BTW, just about every team has a OC so to make a big deal out of Garrett and the Cowboys hiring a OC is foolishness to the enth degree. Next, the only bones Braynt broke was in his rookie season his right fibula and later in 2015 a bone in his foot which required surgery. He did have surgery on his ankle that same year (actually off season) but that was to remove some bone spurs which don't hinder a receiver the following season. None of those have any baring on him leading the league in drops in 2017 which was the biggest reason and the drop in production and string of menessing injuries was the decision made by all to let Bryant go. Bryant's days of being considered a elite or even a good receiver had passed him by. Proof is how long he sat as a free agent after being released. Elite or even good receivers don't sit that long. Last where is your proof that Garrett was the actual person to fire Linehan or if he was, he needed permission to do it. I know all those meetings you sat in on. I don't know who fired Linehan but since none of us were there then none of us know for sure and to say who it was is just guessing.

Scotman

Reaction score
RPO doesn't mean the QB has to run.

The Cowboys don't use RPO b/c they are a power run offense. I don't think RPO even existed in 1992.
I've responded to the same thing. If the rpo excludes a designed QB run, then it wouldn't matter the size of Dak. I did not exclude that option in my mind when I responded.

Given Dak's size, I would have him as a designated runner often enough that he HAD to be accounted for in the red zone.

kskboys

Reaction score
Actually, this is a lot lower than I expected. I willing to bet if we can this percentage up to at least the mid-teens, it's worth 2 more wins.

I actually agree.

I mean, if you need your QB to run to win, you can count the super bowl out. However, sprinkling in some runs can be extremely effective.

Goooooooooooooooooo Moore!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
You're still guess and guessing wrong. Garrett gave the play calling to the offensive line coach Callahan. When he left to go to the skins Linehan was hired as OC. BTW, just about every team has a OC so to make a big deal out of Garrett and the Cowboys hiring a OC is foolishness to the enth degree. Next, the only bones Braynt broke was in his rookie season his right fibula and later in 2015 a bone in his foot which required surgery. He did have surgery on his ankle that same year (actually off season) but that was to remove some bone spurs which don't hinder a receiver the following season. None of those have any baring on him leading the league in drops in 2017 which was the biggest reason and the drop in production and string of menessing injuries was the decision made by all to let Bryant go. Bryant's days of being considered a elite or even a good receiver had passed him by. Proof is how long he sat as a free agent after being released. Elite or even good receivers don't sit that long. Last where is your proof that Garrett was the actual person to fire Linehan or if he was, he needed permission to do it. I know all those meetings you sat in on. I don't know who fired Linehan but since none of us were there then none of us know for sure and to say who it was is just guessing.
Jerry forced the playcalling away from JG. It was big news at the time.

I agree w/ everything else.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Again, this points to the lack of creativity and adjustments from Linehan and Garrett.

Hopefully that’s changing with Moore.
Actually S jones said he didnt want Dak running more than a few times a game, so blame him for lack of rpo.
If dak never runs rpo wont work.
the coaches are not going to defy the jones boys so they didnt run Dak.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
I actually agree.

I mean, if you need your QB to run to win, you can count the super bowl out. However, sprinkling in some runs can be extremely effective.

Goooooooooooooooooo Moore!!!!!!!!!!

Facts.
****, Tom Brady has 11 games in just the playoffs alone with at least four rushing attempts. He has 100 in his playoff career.

Scotman

Reaction score
What does that have to do with it?
I've responded to this a couple of times. I did not exclude called running plays for the QB from my definition of RPO. If you do exclude those, then it wouldn't fit.