Game Day ***Cowboys vs 49ers 1st Half game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I've never seen Romo play so poorly with possibly the only exception being the first half of that Buffalo Monday Night game the year we went 13-3.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Romo's done this crap for years.

Some football "experts" are just late to the party.

bjfrancez

Reaction score
I know its not the same team, but remember when Romo threw all of those interceptions in the Buffalo game a few years ago? Well we won that game.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
To me it's all between the ears for Romo. He's scared to get hit so he won't tuck and run thus he is determined to make plays with his arm and prove he can be his old self.

He's totally responsible for the 18 point deficit. 4 points lost on the play action at goal line and 2 INTs the cost 7 each way.

There with that last pick he's determined to go deep even though it was in double coverage.

This is one of FEW games in his career it's totally on Romo but this will become a trend as his mind is trying to convince itself his body still has it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Romo keeps throwing picks at this rate he'll end up with more than 30 this season.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
That's not how I'd characterize it. Our offense isn't normally mistake prone, and our defense is getting DL pressure, of all things.

Tony's single-handedly contributed to a 21 point swing in the fist half: the blown read to Williams that resulted in a SF touch, and the pick at the goal line the next series. Our OL is absolutely dominating a good SF defense, our DL is getting some pressure with the down linemen, of all things, we're dominating ToP, and we're still down by 18 in the first half.

It's ok for us to be getting beat bad and for the game to still be bizarre. It's not exactly a defense of Dallas to acknowledge that this game is playing out nothing like most of us would have predicted, even if the score isn't all that surprising to some.

There will always be aspects of a game you didn't predict. Personally I wouldn't have predicted us to be so far behind so quickly.

However, the overarching narrative of a point deficit due to a defense that can't stop anyone, mind boggling play calls, and mistakes on offense isn't at all weird.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Cool down Cowboys fanatics.

It is not all on Romo.

You guys are down 21-3 and he is forcing the plays based on your coaches' request.

Romo can not and should not be benched. He is your best option. Get it together.

DallasJ7

Reaction score
Three horrendous picks. Can't remember the last time I've seen Romo look this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.