Game Day ***Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorola

Reaction score
Chiefs drubbing the Steelers will help a little bit in putting this afternoon's debacle behind --
FOR A MOMENT = 3 hours- but the Dallas loss will be featured throughout the night...and into Monday morning.
BTW - Cowboys are the first home team to lose in the opening/wildcard round this postseason.

TheJynxedOne

Reaction score
Two, maybe 3 shots at the endzone if you pass.
agreed. Even if we had 1 second left on the clock, the odds of getting a play off and getting a TD would be very low. We squandered the entire game with crap play calling and execution expecting the last 32 seconds to be different; not likely.

MikeT22

Reaction score
SF gambled with their idiotic defensive formations when we had no Timeouts. They could have played a standard cover 2, made a tackle and the game would have been over. But they allowed us three plays to get out of bounds. They had their share of bone headed decisions.

and?

Tussinman

Reaction score
DLaw: 0 sacks in the last 4 playoff games

"Hot Boyz"

On the bright side, he didn't get called for multiple penalties.
Almost 30 million dollar cap hit next year. Fans will defend him but saying meaningless stuff like "uhhh locker-room leader" and "uhhh relentless motor, plays hard".

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"

---Dink Pratfall

Prescott in the 2022 off season.....

look-into-the-mirror-compressor.jpg

SacredStar

Reaction score
I want to hear an apology from Magic Mike! I want to hear "I apologize to all Cowboys fans for not having my team ready to play from the start and for all the foul-infested error-prone football they saw today!"
He said "Today is going to be a great day".
It will be if he's fired.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Even the Jets have TWO championship game appearances this millennium. We can't even luck into a divisional round win.

You know that saying "even a broken clock is right twice a day"? Well apparently that doesn't apply to us. We defy all odds by not even getting past the Divisional round by luck/mistake/whatever. It's almost as if we are intentionally trying to stay away.
You can’t have a drunk hillbilly be your gm and be your phantom head coach. It hasn’t worked for 26 seasons in a row and only a fool with hubris would think it would ever work.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He also blew a drive for false start by taking 10 minutes to get out of the way. Then he stopped the play during the kick to move the ball farther over to the left. Guy just didn't sit right with me. Certainly not why we lost, but it was frustrating.
It's a reach. We lost because we're dumb and commit dumb penalties. That's really all there is to it.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I love the brilliance of the final play since it was Hail Mary from 50 or nothing with them lining the sidelines, but damn…..the ref doesn’t even start running into the picture till very late. Then he doesn’t just touch the ball, but insists on sliding it back without looking to the sideline. That took time too. A pass play from there would have had a really good chance to succeed. The ref was really slow to set the play before the delay penalty earlier as well.

It is Very Much The Cowboys Fault for getting themselves into a split-second drama that could not go their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.