Game Day ***Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
It's a reach. We lost because we're dumb and commit dumb penalties. That's really all there is to it.
I'm sorry but those two incidents decided this game more than the "dumb" - there were plenty of them, but that is more defensive holds on a running play today than I've seen called in any game I have watched in almost a decade.

There were just some odd calls including their effort to give a first down they didn't get to end the game earlier, and it all just looks bad. Pretending it's okay ensures it will continue.

But those two incidents where he literally made it impossible to snap the ball when we had time to are ridiculous, especially the one where when the clock was running down he cut across the center making it literally impossible to snap the ball before the clock ran out without risking a turnover after the ball the hit the official> We did get a FG I think there but what if we don't get the penalty and go down and score a touchdown? What if the ref is doing his job properly and not running up from ten yards back up the field, and more to the point in that situation why wasn't he?

See bad officiating matters

triplets_93

Reaction score
Not satisfied with a team that DOES NOT GIVE THEIR BEST EFFORT IN THE PLAYOFFS. no matter how many stats they accumulated in the Regular Season to get there. Stats and records mean NOTHING if you don't compete in Championships.

Jerry is a (Very Good) BRAND salesman. Buy Jerry IS NOT a football guy. What a tragedy for Cowboy Nation.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't you think we'd run more if we could get more than 2 ypc? I hear you on Moore but why don't we ever start off with positive run plays? I think it's because we are a poor running team, hence why we don't do it more often.

Watch this draft will be heavy on oline.
I want KM gone because sick of running draws out of shotgun with a power back. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and yet we do it repeatedly

fishspill

Reaction score
Guess we just wait and see if Jerry is so desperate he buys Harbaugh for $100 million.

Carter

Reaction score
After that performance why would anyone consider Quinn or Moore for a HC job, embarrassing

Defense did enough to win this game. They were on the field early and gassed. Still made enough plays to let us win the game..

Offense and Fat Mike are responsible for that comedy show

TheHerd

Reaction score
Don't you think we'd run more if we could get more than 2 ypc? I hear you on Moore but why don't we ever start off with positive run plays? I think it's because we are a poor running team, hence why we don't do it more often.

We better get a linebacker. And a 370 pound fatty.

Surfguy

Reaction score
McCarthy isn't showing any accountability imo. He's talking like a spectator.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We are a "poor running team" because Moore. He runs right up the gut where we are tripping over our own feet. Then , like you, act like our running game is broke.

It is broke...but not because of Zeke. That's my point.

MS17

Reaction score
who runs the ball with 18 secs left and no timeouts??
Second that. Dak has certain skills,but is a low IQ quarterback. we have seen this before in bad outcomes. A second tier QB (Cousins, Wendt, Mayfield) wont work in Dallas.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Post Game talking head on The Fan just said he would rather have had 2 shots to the endzone...thank you!
I think Dak should have been told a yard line at which to give himself up….maybe he was, but 5 yards sooner and we’d all be talking about how brilliant it was, even if we still lost. I’ll take 1 pass play from the 20 to score any day over a long Hail Mary.

CWR

Reaction score
We are a "poor running team" because Moore. He runs right up the gut where we are tripping over our own feet. Then , like you, act like our running game is broke.

It is broke...but not because of Zeke. That's my point.

I agree he sucks at run calls. So you really want him calling more of them? Just hope he gets hired elsewhere and we build up the line.

Zeke is far from the primary culprit. Never said he was. That said he's a long ways away from his rookie explosion. He's declining and will only get worse.

lsg13

Reaction score
Can’t. He owns the team. When a team gets 14 penalties, and most were completely legit, coach has to be held responsible.
Well he owns the team is my point, they will never be great until he is gone...
This coach won a SB with that northern team, he can coach, he just needs to rid himself of the kid running the offense and that failed head coach he has running the D... The D totally depends on turnovers to beat teams and the head coach is just worried about looking good for his chance at a HC job, that's why he tries to be so "creative"...

Surfguy

Reaction score
If we did get another play, then there is no way it would amount to anything because it was so rushed that they would have surely run some discombobulated mess of a play.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
After we covered 40 yards quickly, you did see SF line the sidelines and call a timeout so we could throw no more passes to the sideline, right? The whole idea was you either throw the 50 yard Hail Mary right there or you let the QB run up the middle into a better play that could really win the game after stopping the clock. You want the QB running it because only the QB can go down, giving himself up, ending the play. Anyone else and they could let the time run out before tackling him. No one could run to the sideline for the same reason no more passes could go to the sideline. It was actually brilliant, but they misjudged how much time they’d have to clock the ball and run a free play down close for the TD. It’s our fault, maybe we should have gone down 5 yards sooner, but that ref didn’t exactly follow the play either. He ran from way the hell back, our OL blocked him from the ball, and then for some reason he wasn’t happy just touching the ball, but actually picked it up and moved it back a yard, even though he never looked to the sideline….weird.

Well said. It just didn't go in our favor.

lukin2006

Reaction score
No way I sign not to smart I can’t line up onside Gregory…league minimum…

Status
Not open for further replies.