Game Day ***Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD5

Reaction score
I loved it…..one more second or the ref being there for the touch and we would have had a very mailable TD chance instead of a Hail Mary from the 50
Well it didn’t work though Kellan

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
You know...this really is the type of team where all you really need to do is check in every couple of seasons for a progress report to see what has been accomplished. But, we'll be back next season for more punishment. We're gluttons for punishment!
jerryjoneslaugh.jpg

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No there should be a ref going to the ball since it's their job to place it. But seeing how they officiated the rest of the game (only New York kept us in the game when they gave them that first down they didn't get)

And don't forget eariler when we were running a play and the ref came to let them makes subs and then cut back in front of the center so we couldn't snap it and got delay of game. How can that happen? The last play I can almost understand but how you get a penalty when the referee literally blocks you from snapping the ball is beyond me. But then two defensive holding calls on runs are too. Especially in the same game on the same team.

Twice on first downs in their territory the ref came in and blocked us from snapping the ball. Once it cost us penalty. Once it cost us a chance to win the game. Yeah it always evens out with the refs.
I think some of those issues result from the fact that these refs hadn’t worked together before. In the playoffs, it’s not a team, but the head guy with a crew put together on merit, so operations may not always be smooth. Perhaps that should have been anticipated on both of those plays, sending the offense out 5 seconds sooner after the fake punt and having Dak go down 5 yards sooner on the final play.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sorry but those two incidents decided this game more than the "dumb" - there were plenty of them, but that is more defensive holds on a running play today than I've seen called in any game I have watched in almost a decade.

There were just some odd calls including their effort to give a first down they didn't get to end the game earlier, and it all just looks bad. Pretending it's okay ensures it will continue.

But those two incidents where he literally made it impossible to snap the ball when we had time to are ridiculous, especially the one where when the clock was running down he cut across the center making it literally impossible to snap the ball before the clock ran out without risking a turnover after the ball the hit the official> We did get a FG I think there but what if we don't get the penalty and go down and score a touchdown? What if the ref is doing his job properly and not running up from ten yards back up the field, and more to the point in that situation why wasn't he?

See bad officiating matters
Those defensive holding calls were legit. See my other post where I refer to the fact that flags come out quicker, even for the ticky tack stuff against teams with reps for committing stupid penalties. It sucks but the calls are legit.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Game was lost in the 1st quarter. You're down 10-0 immediately. Down 13-0 early in the 2nd quarter. You play SF at least to a draw early on, we have a different game. But allowing them to play with the lead all game was never going to work in the Cowboys favor against this team.

TheJynxedOne

Reaction score
Defense did enough to win this game. They were on the field early and gassed. Still made enough plays to let us win the game..

Offense and Fat Mike are responsible for that comedy show
Please add K MORON and his predictable play calling to the list.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The 49ers did all they could to give us the game. We refused their generosity.

They're an OK team. Cowboys made it too easy on them early on. But give them credit, SF earned the win and came out ready to play.

Surfguy

Reaction score
I'll take the Cowboys on the road in the playoffs over any home game. We couldn't be this bad on the road.

starfan1

Reaction score
So I got to go to the gym and take my vitamins so I can be around for a few more years

this team as it’s constructed can’t win in playoffs and I want to see a champ
They are dumb and undisciplined they’re qb isn’t good enough the running back is slow and useless and the line is over rated
The defense has a few promising pieces bur needs a DT and safety

I hope Moore leaves and I don’t know who’s idea the last play was but that was stupid not that it would have made a difference the cowboys weren’t completing a Hail Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.