Game Day ***Cowboys vs 49ers Post Game Thread***

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dak was garbage. Deserves any and all criticism that comes his way today. Just very bad. Complete trash. We can’t let MM, DQ and the defense off the list however. Play calling was so vanilla. The defense gave up big first downs on 3rd downs or opportunities to get them off the field routinely. Kyle shanahan just pulled their pants down.

Dak should be bashed and this will become JUST about him but the entire team was terrible and Quinn and the defense needs to be criticized too. For those that thought this was some statement game well you got your statement.

raven55

Reaction score
things never change in the family buss do they see you next bad draft

Vabchshark

Reaction score
This entire organization from coaches on down to every last player that touched that field last night, should be ashamed of that performance or lack thereof!! In all my 55 years of being a fan of this team, and I have seen some terrible games from them over the years, I have never been more disappointed than I was watching that debacle! Waiting weeks for this so-called huge measuring stick game, it was actually embarrassing to watch.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If i were to put money down with our schedule I’d be surprised if we make the playoffs. Our offense is completely inept
We’re lucky too Bc I think ceedee is a premier talent and he takes tough hits all the time to secure these catches. Most teams would have him breaking records to start the season by now. He should have several touchdowns

I think the game might’ve passed mcarthy by .

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Let's get Shanahan and find out.
Serious Dak critics wanted Dak gone when Kellen Moore was still the OC. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Dak had his problems BEFORE our present OC/HC. If you want to replace the QB then replace the QB, don't go target shooting with a shotgun.
Besides, Shanny probably wouldn't work for a mess like our front office anyway.

Motorola

Reaction score
Random comment: The entire team looked slow. The receivers couldn't cut. The defensive backs couldn't stay with people. Micah frequently looked like he was playing in mud.

How much does grass affect how this team plays?
I pointed this out when we were playing AZ.
Yeah, that game came to mind as I was posting that. This looks like a different, and much worse team on grass. I have no idea why grass would affect the Cowboys more than other teams but going back through last year, there is a pretty clear pattern.

This year:
3-0 turf
0-2 grass

Last year
2-6 grass
11-0 turf
Do the Cowboys have a grass field at their facility they can practice on that is similar to an upcoming opponent's grass field?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You start by not telegraphing the plays..

Awful, awful, awful, play calling by our beloved OC.

Anyone miss Kellen Moore?

I do...
No I don't miss KM, at all.
And "our beloved OC" didn't throw those 3 interceptions. Nor did he overthrow our receivers. Neither did he repeatedly lose yardage by always taking the sack instead of throwing the ball away when he had no open receivers.
But Dak did all the above.
Purdy showed how it's done, he was dead-on accurate with his passes. He completed 17 of 24 for 252 yards, 4 touchdowns and no interceptions. And he doesn't make $40 mil a year.
Just food for thought.

vlad

Reaction score
Serious Dak critics wanted Dak gone when Kellen Moore was still the OC. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Dak had his problems BEFORE our present OC/HC. If you want to replace the QB then replace the QB, don't go target shooting with a shotgun.
Besides, Shanny probably wouldn't work for a mess like our front office anyway.
Also why would you leave Northern California for Dallas when money is no object?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yeah, that game came to mind as I was posting that. This looks like a different, and much worse team on grass. I have no idea why grass would affect the Cowboys more than other teams but going back through last year, there is a pretty clear pattern.

This year:
3-0 turf
0-2 grass

Last year
2-6 grass
11-0 turf
Doomsday that's the question that baffles me as well. I'm no expert, but common sense (be it right or wrong) tells me there are plenty of other teams with homefield artificial turf that don't commit suicide when they play on grass fields, so I have a lot of trouble believing that grass is the real culprit here. To me the biggest problem is this team, but especially this QB just can't play with the big boys.

vlad

Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't blame anybody for leaving California these days. :laugh:
I’ve been here all summer and fall - it’s amazing - but yeah the poles are idiotic lol.

Sadly back to the Walmart strip-mall known as DFW.