Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bears 1st half Game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The fact the bears only have 7 points at the half against our D is truly a testament to how terrible their offense has been much of this season.

links18

Reaction score
Cowher calling for us to take some shots on first down......

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
I think T. Williams is playing with a broken finger. Maybe Romo donT trust him yet enough with it.
Or he is letting it get into his head, and not getting open enough.

williams has been open several times..

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
If folks just love Romo, then they will be satisfied with how we finished (and I am sure happy about it). If they try to objective they will see that he is super skittish if you put any pressure on him and isn't making good decisions in those situations. Hey, I hope we give him those wide open pockets, he will look great tonight. But I can guarantee you right now, that the Eagles and Colts and Commanders are going to blitz the dog out of us. book it.

So, it's up to the coaching staff to put together a gameplan to beat the blitz. Not long, slow routes. Not all is on Romo, objectively speaking.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Mincey must be inactive. Blaming fans for the eagles loss what a clown

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
If folks just love Romo, then they will be satisfied with how we finished (and I am sure happy about it). If they try to objective they will see that he is super skittish if you put any pressure on him and isn't making good decisions in those situations. Hey, I hope we give him those wide open pockets, he will look great tonight. But I can guarantee you right now, that the Eagles and Colts and Commanders are going to blitz the dog out of us. book it.

I get it but who wouldn't be skittish? I'm sure he realizes if he takes to much punishment his back up gives us NO chance at all of winning any games the rest of this season.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Guys who keep posting should be 17-0 or 21-7 please explain.

17-0 = Romo shouldn't have been sacked at the Bears' 35; Dallas could have driven for an FG.

Cowboys shouldn't have allowed Chicago to convert on 4th down; would have denied Chicago 7 points.

khiladi

Reaction score
A QB and WR can never gain that dynamic if they both don't stay on the floor together. Both Beasley and Escobar have shown enough to be used as weapons in the passing game.

You can't take Beasley out because a defender hits the ball out of his hands with perfect timing to cause a fumble. Look how open he's getting in this game when in.

You'll start forcing the defensive safeties to account for him in the middle freeing it up for Dez.

rcaldw

Reaction score
So, it's up to the coaching staff to put together a gameplan to beat the blitz. Not long, slow routes. Not all is on Romo, objectively speaking.

I'm with you on that. No way I put it all on Tony. At the same time, objectively speaking, he makes an awful lot of throws in those situations in a fall away motion or by turning his back as soon as he throws it. Got stand in sometimes. I don't even think he can do it with that back pain right now though. And in terms of the 17-21 stuff, cmon, Cutler 10-13. Passing has never been more extended handoff in the history of the NFL.

rcaldw

Reaction score
I get it but who wouldn't be skittish? I'm sure he realizes if he takes to much punishment his back up gives us NO chance at all of winning any games the rest of this season.

I'm with you man. I agree with you on that. I would rather have him skittish and us have a chance. No doubt about it. Romo goes down and season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.