Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bears Post game thread***

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bench players stepped up tonight. Beasley, Escobar, Randle. That was refreshing and gives upcoming opponents more to think about. Special teams blocked a punt and an extra point. The offense played mistake free and dominated for the most part. The defense forced a fumble and got the game winning interception though overall they left a lot to be desired. I wasn't happy about letting the Bears back in it, but I'll take a win like this any time. 9-4 Baby.

Dez showed emotion then recovered the critical onside kick. Scandrick showed emotion then got the game winning interception. I hope more Cowboys show emotion.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been very critical of JG and I still hate his offense but I gotta give him props for going for it on 4th down twice in this game.

We need to be more aggressive and take some chances on offense because this defense is not going to get it done once we start playing better teams.

Garrett looked like he was about to cry when Chicago recovered that onside kick. I was so glad for him that we came out on top and he is assured a winning season. I'm pulling for him because his success is the Cowboys success.

BigD5

Reaction score
Randle needs to get more touches. Last few times we've seen him run the ball he has been spectacular. And Murray could use the rest. Especially after a long run and maybe some 3rd downs with Dunbar when it's an obvious passing situation

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Like to see Randle more, not significant touches just enough to give Murray a breather so that he can close it out in the fourth qtr. I also wouldn't mind seeing him getting some of those screen passes. He has great vision and very elusive in the open field.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Heads up: The NFL Rewind version (30 minutes) of tonight's game will be on the NFL Channel tomorrow at 2:30 PM.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Way too close considering our total domination. The crowd and the Bears Sideline seemed resigned to their fate, but only because we answered them every time they seemed to have some momentum.

Great crowd - I'd say that it was 30% Cowboys fans at the field level, and 60% of the noise.

Plankton

Reaction score
They took care of business tonight.

It took a little while to get going, but the offensive line controlled the line of scrimmage. Murray was quick and decisive (with the exception of one run), and it was clear that the game plan was to ride him until he dropped. 38 touches is a lot - it's a good thing that he has 10 days to recover before the next game. Romo was efficient, and looked much more steady under his feet today. The Bear defense is so bad, it's hard to get a gauge as to how well they played offensively, but they controlled things and largely did what they wanted to do. The 3rd and 14 pass to Witten in the second quarter really seemed to wake them fully up, and start the ball rolling on offense.

The defense played the run well tonight, and created the turnover that swung the game the Cowboys way for good. However, the pass rush is absolutely non-existent, and for a Bears team missing Brandon Marshall for the entire second half, and running out a hobbled Martellus Bennett and Alshon Jeffery, it was not good to see how easily they pushed the ball down the field in garbage time. Bottom line is, the score was much closer than it needed to be or should have been. The Cowboys actually got a good effort from their special teams tonight (despite Escobar blowing catching the onside kick). They did what they had to do, and beat an inferior opponent.

6-0 on the road - that is quite a feat, and a credit to the team and coaching staff. 8-8 can no longer be the refrain. Hopefully, they can push it to double digits, and lock down a playoff berth.

Got to see Romo, Bryant, Jason Garrett and the Jones' outside the locker room after the game. Romo looked no worse for wear from this game - he was moving freely and loosely, and was real cool with posing for pictures with fans. Bryant had calmed down after the game, and was all smiles. Garrett looked very happy and relaxed as well. Jones was carrying a drink.

Now, they need to prepare much better for the Eagles this time around. I expect a better performance, but the defense is not exactly giving me a lot of confidence in their ability to hold up.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Scandrick is a winner. I love seeing him and Dez on the sideline. They want to win. Scandrick yells at everyone, but he ends up making the game winning pick. He's one guy who played better AFTER the contract. We need more guys like that. There is no reason that this game should have been that close.

One of my favorite players on the team and he raised my eyebrows the minute he was drafted and all I heard about was how much he studied and played with a chip on his shoulder, glad to see him doing so well and hope it continues for years. I love his passion and fire as well and hope its contagious

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They took care of business tonight.

It took a little while to get going, but the offensive line controlled the line of scrimmage. Murray was quick and decisive (with the exception of one run), and it was clear that the game plan was to ride him until he dropped. 38 touches is a lot - it's a good thing that he has 10 days to recover before the next game. Romo was efficient, and looked much more steady under his feet today. The Bear defense is so bad, it's hard to get a gauge as to how well they played offensively, but they controlled things and largely did what they wanted to do. The 3rd and 14 pass to Witten in the second quarter really seemed to wake them fully up, and start the ball rolling on offense.

The defense played the run well tonight, and created the turnover that swung the game the Cowboys way for good. However, the pass rush is absolutely non-existent, and for a Bears team missing Brandon Marshall for the entire second half, and running out a hobbled Martellus Bennett and Alshon Jeffery, it was not good to see how easily they pushed the ball down the field in garbage time. Bottom line is, the score was much closer than it needed to be or should have been. The Cowboys actually got a good effort from their special teams tonight (despite Escobar blowing catching the onside kick). They did what they had to do, and beat an inferior opponent.

6-0 on the road - that is quite a feat, and a credit to the team and coaching staff. 8-8 can no longer be the refrain. Hopefully, they can push it to double digits, and lock down a playoff berth.

Got to see Romo, Bryant, Jason Garrett and the Jones' outside the locker room after the game. Romo looked no worse for wear from this game - he was moving freely and loosely, and was real cool with posing for pictures with fans. Bryant had calmed down after the game, and was all smiles. Garrett looked very happy and relaxed as well. Jones was carrying a drink.

Now, they need to prepare much better for the Eagles this time around. I expect a better performance, but the defense is not exactly giving me a lot of confidence in their ability to hold up.

Other than the OPI TD...were we playing zone on the other 4th quarter scores we gave up? I can't remember. We were on the Bennett TD where Hitchens was slow to rotate over. I don't remember the other. I hate our zone defense in general. We can get some pressure up the middle, but it's just too easy for the QB to slide over, buy that extra second, and to exploit the zones downfield in front of our LBs.

It seemed like earlier in the year we were making plays underneath from those LB positions. Both the McClain pick when he got underneath the Brees throw, and the Carter pick early in the year where he also came in underneath coverage and the QB didn't see him. These days, we're seeing a lot of catches made behind the linebackers and then guys looking at each other and shaking their heads. Not sure what it is, though, because I don't remember getting better edge pressure early in the year, either. We had a long stretch of games without sacks early, too. Where we blitzing more? It doesn't seem like we were.

Gaede

Reaction score
I actually fell asleep after Randle's TD. So as far I'm concerned, dominant performance

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Murray is the only RB to rush 100+ on the Bears this season

Murray gets some tough yards. Has a nice "darting" effect to his cuts.

Randle needs to get more touches. Last few times we've seen him run the ball he has been spectacular. And Murray could use the rest. Especially after a long run and maybe some 3rd downs with Dunbar when it's an obvious passing situation

Randle has a nice "spring" to his cuts