Game Day Cowboys vs Bears post game thread

Donhyphen

Reaction score
Witten's replacement isn't on the roster yet. I'm guessing that we'll draft his replacement and it'll be a TE in the mould of the more athletic guys that have come out in recent years.
We should already have him. Guess we'll use a second on one next year.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
We should already have him. Guess we'll use a second on one next year.

Yeah. It's not like we haven't tried to find guys. I think Escobar should probably have gotten more of a shot, but them's the breaks when you're behind a future HOF TE. I'm guessing Escobar leaves and has a pretty solid career elsewhere.

I want an athletic freak though that can stretch the defense down the seam.

Donhyphen

Reaction score
Dak seem to like Swain.is it Saaim or Swain? He was ok at Texas. Blocks well just needs to work on catching. written catches everything.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
This is a guy on pace to never throw for multiple TDs in any game in his career and you ask that question?:
why do you insist on being mental most of the time? we're 2-1 and for a guy who's got a whopping 3 NFL games under his belt he's doing damn great and you have to get off your *** and go on some lewis and clark expedition to FIND some jacked up reason to dog on him so YOU can feel better about some pent up insecurity in your world.

let things be what they are sometimes, not as you want them to be so your whining actually may fit a situation.

kristie

Reaction score

i'm aware that i goofed up when i said "terrence newman" instead of "terrence williams".

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm thoroughly exhausted right now. It's hard to be a teacher on 6 hours of sleep. But I enjoyed that win last night. It's been a long time since we had such a convincing win. I had to sit back and enjoy it.

Other than a few minor issues (TWill fumble), the game should have been a massive blowout.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I'm kind of thinking that Princeton is overrated.

Here is my criticism of coaching at end of the game. The Bears are out of time outs after the 2-minute warning and you can kneel down 2 plays and then punt it leaving them deep into their territory with about 25 seconds left to play, trailing by 14 points and with no timeouts. The only way the Bears have the faintest chance is to get the ball back on a turnover or the Cowboys stopping the clock. So, what do you do?

You run the ball twice and get penalized for holding the 2nd time, leaving the Bears with something like 1:45 on the clock. Granted, the Bears turned it over anyways...but why do you even give them the opportunity?? And I remember similar situations occurring last year (one time for sure with the clock stopped due to a penalty and the opposing team almost pulling out a win at the end)

Coach is a scaredy cat. Third down I roll Dak out on a PA and let him make a decision pass or run. Try to end it right there.