Game Day ***Cowboys vs Broncos post game thread ***

mrmojo

Reaction score
No, they won't.

Since week one they've played the nfc east and oakland. Even Baltimore (their week 1 opponent) isn't nearly as good this year as they were last year.

When they face better defenses in the playoffs, Peyton will get rocked and they will get sent home early. Bank on it.
I agree, Broncos need to get their defense fixed also because once the weather starts to turn it is going to be difficult to keep up this pace..

popp1234

Reaction score
cause only fake fans bet against their team. In you heart, what were you really pulling for - a victory or 50$? If there's even a question, you're no fan. I would never do this and certainly never admit it. And then you come and gloat about it. Just stop being a Cowboys "fan" please. We have enough already

Why do you insist on talking to scum of the earth? Whatever, you are officially the first person I have put on ignore in this forum.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I guess it could be worse. Romo could be Matt Schaub right now. 4 pick sixes in last 4 games.

Yeah, he's awful. But I'm playing the 49ers defense in my fantasy league so I went up 400 plus points on my opponent who has Antonio Gates left to play.

mldardy

Reaction score
This board has been invaded by a bunch of Madden noobs. How anybody can blame the QB when the defense gives up 51 is beyond any logical reasoning.

Because he had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game and he gave it back to the other team. That's how.

ejthedj

Reaction score
Why do you insist on talking to scum of the earth? Whatever, you are officially the first person I have put on ignore in this forum.

big loss, glad i don't have to hear from one more fake fan

ohiocowboysfan25

Reaction score
I have a hard time putting ALL the blame on Romo tonight because he has to play an absolutely perfect game every Sunday or Dallas will lose. If Romo throws a pick or takes a sack everyone goes crazy and acts like it's the end of the world because the rest of the team can't be depended on. He has to carry this team on his shoulders every game and play a perfect game every week or they will lose and who the hell wants that kind of pressure, no matter how much they get paid. I know that he makes his mistakes and unfortunately he has really bad timing in doing so but I think most qb's would have a hard time carrying the weight of the team on their back all the time. Something has got to change meaning the defense needs to improve big time because these games shouldn't come down to the qb making 1 mistake and everything blowing up.

Dirtjunkie

Reaction score
true enough....everything unfolded today like it always unfolds with this team. I have NO emotion whatsoever right now. Even if we would've won, the Skins would have hammered us next week. They can't handle ANY kind of success. This game was kinda laughable today...like a scrimmage. I like to watch good defense and both these teams SUCK in that area. Just a sham....Broncos wont' win super bowl....Seattle or someone who plays some defense will: just like Baltimore last season.

Bull****, two AWESOME teams played today. Peyton is simply the best playing today. Romo is great but one mistake cost us the game. Without him we wouldn't have even been close.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Sorry, guys, but that was a great game. We did very well to hang in there against what could turn out to be the Super Bowl champs.

I'm disappointed but this loss doesn't make me lower our chances of making to the playoffs and scoring a win or two there.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Sorry, guys, but that was a great game. We did very well to hang in there against what could turn out to be the Super Bowl champs.

I'm disappointed but this loss doesn't make me lower our chances of making to the playoffs and scoring a win or two there.

Agreed. I've been critical of Romo in the past and have to admit I called that pick, but you have to be heartbroken for the guy. He played his *** of today and so did the entire team.

The Broncos offense is unreal.

Miles take a seat you just got Wally Pipp'ed.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Nobody gets a good pass rush against Manning.

Show me the 5 HOF OL the Broncos have. So NOT 1 NFL defense in the entire NFL can get past the OL and put some pressure on Manning? The 1985 Bears D couldn't do that if given the chance either? Because Manning is God, thus he makes his OL all the same.

popp1234

Reaction score

You are assuming we play that well from an execution standpoint on offense again. I do hope so, but I have my doubts. This game was an anomaly on offense...I wish it were so for the defense.

Plankton

Reaction score
This game was a complete cathartic, roller coaster type of experience.

Jim Valvano in his famous ESPY speech said that if you could laugh, think and cry during a day, then you had a hell of a day.

That, to me, was this game.

Exhilirating, defense free, great plays all around. Romo, Bryant, Williams, Beasley and Witten all coming up big.

The difference, in simple terms, can be looked at as when the mistakes were made as opposed to mistakes being made at all. Both teams had a fumble and an interception. The difference was that Romo made his error with less than three minutes left in the game, and Manning made his with still a quarter to be played.

I would look at the difference in this game being the following: the Denver DL got pressure and got sacks, while the Cowboy defense largely did not get pressure. This was the first time this year that the ham and egg crew the Cowboys roll out on the DL were completely exposed. They were awful against both the run and the pass. Hard to have a chance to win when the defense is as completely ineffectual as they were. Consider this: after the first quarter, the Cowboys had a 12:57 - 2:03 edge in time of possession. At the end of the game, the Broncos had the total edge 32:34 - 27:26. That is simply mind boggling to see a flip like that.

That being said, it will all unfortunately be laid at Romo's feet. The sad thing is that he was absolutely brilliant today - in command, sound in his reads, buying time when needed. Romo had a game for the ages.

But, one thing that I have felt over the years with him is that Romo, deep in his core, reminds himself that he is an undrafted free agent, and then makes plays like an undrafted free agent would in big spots. I do not believe that he is the most confident guy at his core. It's a testament to how hard he works that he has overcome this to become a very good starting QB in this league, but that voice in the back of his head always seems to speak up at the worst possible time.

And, as a result, he will get flogged on a day that he should be praised. And, it's a real shame.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
You are assuming we play that well from an execution standpoint on offense again. I do hope so, but I have my doubts. This game was an anomaly on offense...I wish it were so for the defense.

It was an anomaly on offense. Also, it showed that Denver has a terrible defense too. Both teams played horribly on defense, Romo played an outstanding game up until that choke job interception at the end that sealed the game.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Your response is a mess, really. Yes, it's possible to get a good pass rush on Manning. It has been done. The 85 Bears could have done it.

Still, it's generally a very, very difficult thing to do. It is a very rare accomplishment. Therefore, judging this team based on their lack of pass rush against Manning seems a singularly short-sighted undertaking.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score

No I'm not. I'm not assuming anything. I just don't think the information gleaned from this game should cause anyone to lower our expected wins going forward. Very, very good teams could have lost to these Broncos on a last second FG so this loss doesn't drop our chances of performing well going forward at all.

Of course we might play worse going forward in general. We probably will play worse, we could of course play a lot worse. But a lot worse than today would be enough to win some games. And we could play this well. We don't know. We make predictions based on what we've seen, not what we expect to see, which, believe it or not, is what you're doing by penciling in worse play.

The fact is that losing in a very close game to a very good team in and of itself shouldn't lead anyone to think worse of the losing team, especially when they had a .500 record coming into the game.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
It was an anomaly on offense. Also, it showed that Denver has a terrible defense too. Both teams played horribly on defense, Romo played an outstanding game up until that choke job interception at the end that sealed the game.

Denver was missing its top 4 defensive starters. A small fact that many do not realize.