Cowboys vs broncos

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Some random thoughts on the game:

Broncos looked good. Manning is clearly back to 100% after a slow start last season.

Ravens D got shredded in the passing game, but I wouldn't underestimate their run D. Haloti Ngata is an absolute beast. I would trade two first round picks for that guy without thinking twice.

Demarious Thomas is one of the best receivers in football. For a big dude he has some ridiculous explosiveness and top end speed. It will be interesting to watch the demarious vs dez debates for the next few seasons.

Wes Welker's skill set fits perfectly with Manning's dink and dunk style.

What is with the ravens forgetting about ray rice for stretches of the game? Air it out flacco isn't a recipe for success, especially with those WR's.

I hope our guys were watching when that Denver LB celebrated before the TD.

Good to have football back.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Pretty much this.

Yesterday this board was awash with excitement and optimism.

Before we go to bed tonight...people have penciled us in for 5-11 after the Ben/Spencer news.

And you're thinking about Denver?
I agree that we shouldn't be looking ahead to the Denver game. But I disagree with your "yesterday you guys were excited" logic.

We were excited because of the potential this team has once all the pieces are in piece. Waters should be starting by Week 2 and (barring no injuries) the Frederick/Leary/Smith will only get better at the season progresses. Not to mention, when/if Ratliff comes back and when Spencer comes back, our DLine will be deadly.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Pretty much this.

Before we go to bed tonight...people have penciled us in for 5-11 after the Ben/Spencer news.

I agree that we shouldn't be looking ahead to the Denver game. But I disagree with your "yesterday you guys were excited" logic.

We were excited because of the potential this team has once all the pieces are in piece. Waters should be starting by Week 2 and (barring no injuries) the Frederick/Leary/Smith will only get better at the season progresses. Not to mention, when/if Ratliff comes back and when Spencer comes back, our DLine will be deadly.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

People were not excited when Waters was signed?

Have you not seen the reactions since news of the Spencer set back and the Ben injury?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
People were not excited when Waters was signed?

Have you not seen the reactions since news of the Spencer set back and the Ben injury?

No, I said people were excited. You (and some other people in other threads) are saying "yesterday you guys were so excited and now you're all doom and gloom."

I was just saying that we were (and are) excited because of the potential this team has once the new OLine is starting and gels together, and once the DLine gets healthy and starts picking up on the new scheme. My point is, it's not doom and gloom if we're concerned about our early-season game against the Giants when Waters, Spencer, Ratliff and more are out. We're still ecstatic about the moves.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Tried not to get to high yesterday. Not to low today.

I personally don't think the game with the Giants will be close.

We are so much better than they are.

And Eli is a slightly above average QB. Literally everything he has done except for 2 post season runs that he didn't necessarily spark says exactly that.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
The Raven pass rush was non-existent. Their LBs are slow and the secondary is crap. Dallas has a bettter Defense.

J Thomas looked like a player though. I see this as a win, but if our Safeties turn out to be less than average, I may change my mind.

dstovall5

Reaction score
If our defense doesn't show up during this match up, it doesn't matter if Romo has a career game or throws 3 interceptions, because we'll still lose. Hopefully our D will bring their A game, but we don't need to look to far ahead of ourselves. We have a lot of important games before we even face the Broncos, one game at a time! Gotta take out the midgets this week. :D

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
We play Denver this year?

82757-im-freaking-out-man-lzseb.gif

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
It may sound cliche, but the way you beat Peyton is the same way you you beat his little brother. You hit them, a lot.

Once Peyton starts hearing footsteps he stops throwing 7 td games. If his O line keeps him clean, he will pick you apart.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I'm just going to pencil this one in as a loss. Manning is just a machine. And pass rush is reaking havoc on the ravens.

The 2009 Saints were an offensive juggernaut............but guess which team was the first to defeat the 13-0 undefeated Saints that season?

(Hint: Dallas Cowboys)

Fredd

Reaction score
I can't believe that this thread is talking about Peyton and not his little brother

Not worried about a game THAT far in the future....let's win sunday night first, shall we?

superpunk

Reaction score
remember that one time Buffalo came out in the opener and curb-stomped the Patriots

cowboys2233

Reaction score
remember that one time Buffalo came out in the opener and curb-stomped the Patriots

I do -- Buffalo didn't make the playoffs that year, the Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl. It's a long season, lots can and will happen between now and December.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Pretty much this.

Something to learn from that Broncos game. They lost Dumervil in the offseason and lost Von Miller to a suspension. Where is the pass rush going to come from? That's right, other players who stepped up and got it done. If we suddenly become a weak defense because of losing Spencer and Ben, we're not worthy anyway. So much of success is based on the level of depth you have. Personally, I'm not too worried, I think our other guys will be up to the task.