Game Day ***Cowboys vs Buccaneers Post-Game Thread***

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
The call was fine. The block was terrible. A stalemate was all that was needed for a walk-in TD. Jarwin whiffed.

Why is Jarwin being trusted with that after all his time off is my question. He's been gone so long I don't even remember that being a play he can make.

Cmac

Reaction score
I watched this board complain about Moore not gameplanning to attack a team’s weakness, and now that he does, it’s not good enough? Jeesh. Tampa’s weakness is not the run… and this OL held up against their vaunted front.
.....I'd argue it seemed more of being scared of it vs combating a team's strength.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The post game meltdowns here are amazing. Amazing in the sense that grown men, who have presumably followed football for decades, demonstrate that they haven't the slightest clue of what they've just observed. Good lord, my grandma (RIP) understood the game as well.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's hard to judge the DL/pass rush based on this opponent. Brady isn't mobile but he doesn't take a lot of sacks - Tampa allowed the 4th-least amount of sacks in 2020. He's too smart, he will get rid of the ball just in time.

You aren't going to stop Brady with plenty of time and just needing a FG. The entire league has tried for 20 years and more often than not, he comes out on top. Like the Giants showed in their two SB wins and the Eagles, the offense has to come up big in the clutch with the chance to finish them off. A FG to make it just a 1-pt lead is not going to cut it.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Field goals instead of touchdowns, missed field goals, missed tackles, wide open receivers...this was a complete team loss. But I blame Greg the leg more than anything.

But most of us expected this to be a loss, so no surprise there.

Cmac

Reaction score
Umm tonight and last years september kind of prove the opposite.

Kellen Moore took over play calling in 2019. They are 2-20 when trailing at the half since then. If you think moore's lack of commitment to the running game doesn't have a big part of that you haven't watched football long enough.
Agree.....it's kind of obvious.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol I said it every week leading up to the draft, get the best kicker in the 6th round and don’t worry about FGs. U don’t wanna be in the middle of a playoff hunt and have shacky kicking game… kicker should be by far the easiest starting position to fill, there all there in the 6-7 rounds…
They cut a good kicker.

Naruto

Reaction score
Umm tonight and last years september kind of prove the opposite.

Kellen Moore took over play calling in 2019. They are 2-20 when trailing at the half since then. If you think moore's lack of commitment to the running game doesn't have a big part of that you haven't watched football long enough.

If you still think the run game is a factor in winning football at a high level you’ve been watching football too long and need to catch up with the times

Cmac

Reaction score
Why is Jarwin being trusted with that after all his time off is my question. He's been gone so long I don't even remember that being a play he can make.
Point well taken.....why are we asking Jarwin to make a block when he is not good at being a blocking TE?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If you still think the run game is a factor in winning football at a high level you’ve been watching football too long and need to catch up with the times

I get what your saying but ...anothy Brown is not a starting CB on any team but ours...he is toast and was responsible for 2 touchdowns by himself

triplets_93

Reaction score
Rare is the game since 1996 or so where the Cowboys are not outsmarted by true football people...regardless of the "talent" on the field. We've been watching the same show on 'repeat' for 25 years. That said, I'm encouraged that the defense has moved from the "worst in history" to the bottom quarter of the current League, in just a few months. These guys may be able to win some games in the NFC East this season. Enough to best the Commanders in the division? We'll see. They have no clue how to put a team away when the advantage is theirs, and haven't for a very long time. But that's beating a dead horse around here.

If the roles had been reversed at the end of the game, would Dallas have had Dak throw the ball out to burn down the clock, and then kick to win the game??