Cowboys Vs Cardinals ***Game Thread*** 2nd Half

dre1614

Reaction score
Bizwah;2328948 said:
I don't think anyone is ready to give up on Romo.

He's our QB....a good one....

But I have to admit....there are times when I can just feel a TO from him.

you sure about that?

cough Rampage, Hoofbite, McCoordisville etc cough

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dbair1967;2328896 said:
That pretty much is all that needs to be said...what a disgrace

Its only week six folks, and you can almost take it to the bank. This team has no shot at winning a championship.

The defense finally sorta shows up, and the offense, special teams and coaching totally go south. Why the hell with two TO's left would you not use one on that last possession after Owens caught the pass?

The Cards gave up 56 pts and 6 TD passes two weeks ago.

Just pathetic.

Player of the half is clearly Patrick Crayton.

If I thought for one second that you were wrong I would have simply replied with this:

:rolleyes:

-Hoofbite

rcaldw

Reaction score
Brett Favre played his best football when Mike Holmgren was his coach. Holmgren reeled him in, kept talking sense to him and gave him encouragement as well as getting him to play within himself. When Holmgren left Favre's game SLOWLY unraveled as he lost more and more of the disciplines he was forced to practice under Holmgren. When Mike McCarthy came on the scene he quit treating Favre with kit gloves and made him play like a QB who was accountable again. Result? Some of his best football in years.

I think when Parcells was here Romo was forced to play a certain way. He might not have enjoyed Parcells being on him, but he was accountable. He looked good last year under Phillips, but over time, if they are letting the little things slip, it will eventually show up.

Nothing but speculation here, but I sometimes wonder if that is why he is struggling more this year. Where is the guy, like Parcells, that will really chew on his backside when he needs it?

MONT17

Reaction score
I've never seen so many cpls with opposing team jerseys. All the ladies r wearin Blue while the guys r doin thr best MELGIBSONs "FREEDOM!"

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I would love to sit down on a sunday and not have anything to worry about or Heaven Forbid actually enjoy a cold one!!!

dre1614

Reaction score
Rack;2328951 said:
Pretty much agree all around. Romo has had time on a few though and he's holding it too long.

But the cards are also getting good pressure at times. We should run a couple more screens in the second half.

our oline is too slow to run screens

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2328951 said:
Pretty much agree all around. Romo has had time on a few though and he's holding it too long.

But the cards are also getting good pressure at times. We should run a couple more screens in the second half.

true but we won't run anymore screens.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What a pathetic performance. Who will call the team out? Someone has to stand up and call players out. Owens ripped into Gurode and the OL earlier.

This game is a lot like the St Louis game last year. The Rams had the big punt return. Romo had the snap go over his head and go back 30 yds and a great scramble. It was tied or the Cowboys were up a TD at the half.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
OTH, our defense is playing super bowl caliber.

Kick off, JOnes at the goal line out past the 21.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The pass protection is not as good as it was in the first few games.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
where are the freaking crossing routes for Owens?

I don't blame the guy if he goes off and blasts Tony or Redball in the media.

Get the guy involved, thats why he makes all that money.

Not throwing to Owens and getting him involved is a gift to the other team each week.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dbair1967;2328896 said:
That pretty much is all that needs to be said...what a disgrace

Its only week six folks, and you can almost take it to the bank. This team has no shot at winning a championship.

The defense finally sorta shows up, and the offense, special teams and coaching totally go south. Why the hell with two TO's left would you not use one on that last possession after Owens caught the pass?

The Cards gave up 56 pts and 6 TD passes two weeks ago.

Just pathetic.

Player of the half is clearly Patrick Crayton.

After watching the Giants last year.... :rolleyes:

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
DoomsDayD;2328959 said:
I would love to sit down on a sunday and not have anything to worry about or Heaven Forbid actually enjoy a cold one!!!

Well see, there's your problem... you can't enjoy yourself if you have JUST one

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dre1614;2328953 said:
you sure about that?

cough Rampage, Hoofbite, McCoordisville etc cough

Calling a turnover machine a "turnover machine" doesn't mean I want to ditch the guy.

Just means I wish he would pull his head out. I'm sick of a supposed "Franchise QB" giving the ball away multiple times a week.

mmohican29

Reaction score
That was a miserable first half. luckily, God gave us 2 halves per football game. I just want to win at this point. Screw playing well- that's not going to happen apparently. Romo is playing to his draft status right now. Undrafted.

kmrtjr

Reaction score
This is the second week in a row that the Cowboys O-line looks horrible! Romo looks clueless,Garrett doesn't open the playbook and The D-line has trouble getting to the QB.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2328943 said:
All were nothing as we got bounced in the playoffs?
You guys like to conflate issues, dontcha?

Of course we can't win a championship IF we play like this in the playoffs. Just like the Giants could not have won a championship if they had played like they did in November last year.

It's freaking October. Jump off a ledge if you must, but I won't.