Game Day *** Cowboys vs Cardinals post game thread ***

Zman5

Reaction score
I don’t think the routes could be much shorter than the gazzilion screen passes we seemed to throw.

I'm not talking about a dump off after waiting for a long time but a design play to get the ball out quicker.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Do we have any good defensive players? Not could be, will be, used to be, di we have any current good players on defense

Yes, we have some good defensive players. We might not have enough of them, but there are a lot of problems with the scheme Nolan is trying to use that make the defense worse than its players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
that is what I was thinking, let him throw every down get some experience, see how he throws, it cant hurt anything lol.
pick 6 no big deal the team already got blown out and embarrassed.
They let us sit through that crap and don't even let us see what a young quarterback can do.....ridiculous.

Verdict

Reaction score
Somebody's head has to roll....this is just unacceptable. If McCarthy isn't willing to make a move on D...then can them all....name Kellen head coach.
The defense was put in a horrible spot. I put this on the offense.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
That about does it for me, see y’all in 2021.

(Hopefully with a middle linebacker that’s actually interested in contact.)

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Man alive, there are some dogs on this team. Absolute dogs, all enabled by owner and son. You reap what you sow, and Jerry’s had His hands all over this mess since Jimmy left
Yeah, unfortunately they’re toy poodles and not Dobermans.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think, like Dak, Mahomes would look better behind this line than Dalton did, but it still wouldn't be good enough. Overcoming fumbles and porous defense is very hard to do for any QB. Usually, like in this game and, yes, in the games Dak started, the QB ends up making mistakes, too, because he's trying too hard and the defense knows what's coming when you fall way behind.

Maybe Dak would have been enough to overcome what we saw, but I seriously doubt it. Staubach couldn't overcome those kinds of circumstances.
I tend to agree. You could see the air come out of this defense.

Sheepish

Reaction score
We are bad.

But they are bad too.

Giants-Burn.png

Iggles-Burn.png

Wash-Burn2.png

khiladi

Reaction score
We threw screens because of all the pressure Andy was seeing.

The only thing Moore has done is thrown more on first down than his mentor Linehan. Moore completely abandoned running the ball with Zeke this game, after he adjusted by starting to protect the ball with two hands. Dallas has been needing to establish its offensive identity back, but it got worse. Moore didn’t even bother with play-actin.

This was the absolute worst game Moore ever called.