Game Day ***Cowboys vs Cardinals post game thread***

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
That's what has to change or we have no chance.

But the OL has been bad in the run game for most of the season now. I don't think it's fixable this year.

Same thing I am harping for a while , OL is weak against good defenses and scheming def coordinators.
Many mental and physical limitations, I think center position is so weak , we miss Fred beard most.

9of11

Reaction score

And he's right. We are playing against the refs most of our games....we dont get the same calls other teams get against us....It doesnt help when it seems we start off every game with a holding penalty against Connor or Tyron. Every big play/run we have I almost always wait for the flag to thrown....It would be interesting to see a stat of how many times penalties have killed a Cowboys drive....I'd bet we lead the league in that category....

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They will go 0-2, to end a disappointing season. 11-7, is better than expected.

9of11

Reaction score
Same thing I am harping for a while , OL is weak against good defenses and scheming def coordinators.
Many mental and physical limitations, I think center position is so weak , we miss Fred beard most.
We need a revamp of the entire OL....and coaches...there has to be a coach who can make these guys better....

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
We need a revamp of the entire OL....and coaches...there has to be a coach who can make these guys better....

Williams may be gone next year and the other conner is not a solution ( at least yet ) getting Ball to man one tackle position and may be use a premium pick on OL next year , still we cant fill all the holes , may be we need FA .

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We miss you Fred beard come back please

The Natural

Reaction score

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Another thing, for those who picked them to be bad, who thinks we're bad, who dislikes the coach and the QB, I have a question for you. If you think these players/coaches/team is bad, then why complain when they do something bad? Obviously they're bad so they're going to do bad things.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
My take from that game, other than Dak being putrid, Tyron Smith is not the same Tyron we’re used to seeing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
blue---i am not the one who examined that....too many penalties means team not ready for whatever reason.....we did not look good until 4th quarter...we finally figured that part out
NO it means players lost focus not the coach ok these are RICH EXPEREINCED Grown *** MEN.. they just played bad thats it.

Hadenough

Reaction score
What looked depleted to me was our OL. With the exception of Martin, this OL isn't good enough to block effectively without holding.
I understand that there are problems with the oline and every team has some kind of issue but you also cant expect the oline to hold up as long as it did in some of those easy wins and its up to the QB to speed the clock up in his head and get rid of the ball quicker. Moore should also be calling shorter routes but Dak needs to communicate with Moore telling him he doesnt have the time. I think Dak is a little slow on his progressions and there were a few times he tried to speed through them and he threw the check down to Zeke and lamb was wide open 20 yards away.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He holds true to his inconsistency! And people actually believe this team can go on a playoff run. Dak isnt that good and it shows when a team comes after him.

its the OL creating the inconstancy's Dak and our run game cant functions with the ol getting how many penalties all year , playing behind the chains, having the pocket collapse at the snap and get pushed back into the qb and rb has no holes..this is and has been the issue for the inconsistency's all year..

be blind, hate the qb, the real fans watching with no bias can see this.

24/38 249 3 tds zero picks says otherwise, some of those INC were the OL being pushed into him causing those tips maybe 4 by memory, a few were drops but ridiculous to call that all dak.... His offensive lines sucks, there was no run holes, no pass blocking, it was about six penalties some calling back big plays.

I mean I can’t see how you can blame this on Prescott other than the fumble and that was just a good play by a great player he thought he was going down and the guy punched it out that when he was an inch off the ground. I mean if you watch the same game, I watched there was no offensive line.

we will go as far as our OL takes us we lost by 3 and didn't play well against a 10 win team..i see some positives that if we play just bit Better, we can go far in the payoffs. these games don't carry over they are one offs, make a few less mistakes, a few less bad calls, and its an easy win.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Maybe the problem is not all Dak. Maybe we just have over rated wide receivers. Offensive line is definitely over rated. Kellen Moore is retardedly over rated. And Dak is just above average. Maybe the whole team is just over rated and we fell into the koolaid. Because I can't really think of a quality win against a quality team besides the Chargers. And even then our offense was pretty bad. I think we need to start with firing Kellen Moore next season. Get Dak a new OC. If he fails again. Move on from Dak. Sounds pretty easy to me. Either Moore or Dak is the problem or a combination. I'd also fire the Oline coach to boot. As in off the team.

Shane612

Reaction score
Don’t blame the refs.

Zuerlein is the goat.

he’s been due to cost them an important game all year.

and he is the biggest Achilles’ heel heading into the playoffs.

Mystery as to why they’ve stuck with his inconsistent leg all season.

Just asking for it.
Do you think they just grab someone off the streets and give them a try?