Game Day ***Cowboys vs Chargers Post-Game Thread***

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Seriously, some fans are just miserable.

I’ll ask you what I asked the other guy who said this same thing…. What makes you think anyone is actually complaining about getting the win? Discussing the sloppiness, discussing the horrible play calling at times, why is it so bad to want the team to do better at these things?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’ll ask you what I asked the other guy who said this same thing…. What makes you think anyone is actually complaining about getting the win? Discussing the sloppiness, discussing the horrible play calling at times, why is it so bad to want the team to do better at these things?
Either that or they drank too much because there's a bunch on here going after others. It has very little to do with simply being "critical."

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Either that or they drank too much because there's a bunch on here going after others. It has very little to do with simply being "critical."

That I don’t know about. Being a diabetic, I don’t drink (and boy do I miss having a beer during the game!) but I think the folks being critical about certain aspects of the game should also be listened to

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That I don’t know about. Being a diabetic, I don’t drink (and boy do I miss having a beer during the game!) but I think the folks being critical about certain aspects of the game should also be listened to
I'm not arguing that.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Some good, some bad. When a game is decided by the refs and you lose, it pisses you off. When a game is decided by the refs and you win, you feel dirty. Dallas has now played two games down to the wire and is 1-1. I think that's fair.

The good:
- Parsons at DE. For all of the Chargers penalties, they basically held Parsons every possession or he could have hit Herbert a lot more.
- Kearse seemed to be all over the place.
- Pollard looked studly today.
- I thought the O-line did a real nice job.
- That Diggs int was impressive

The bad:
- Stupid special teams play, particularly the punt block. Sure, complain about the holding call but your set up basically guarantees you are going to hit the punter.
- The 3rd and long defense. Is there supposed to be someone covering the middle?
- I thought Jaylon played bad again. Wasn't impressed with LVE either. I'm concerned that Jerry is dictating playing time to save face.
- Did the DT's make a play all day?
- The two minute drill to end the game that almost lost it.

Overall, I'll take it. Hopefully getting some people back and an easier schedule will turn these nail biters into comfortable wins.

Plankton

Reaction score
Exciting, yet uneven game. Officiating was brutal, but the Cowboys got the better of it overall.

What I liked:
  • An opening drive touchdown - forgot what one looked like. Some creative playcalls on the drive, and a good decision to go for it on fourth down.
  • Zack Martin was a total beast in this game, and was killing guys in the run game.
  • Terence Steele overall did a nice job. To me, it looked like he was wearing down a bit at the end, but he managed to prevent Joey Bosa from wrecking the game.
  • Tony Pollard was quick and broke a number of tackles. Really strong effort today.
  • Where have you gone, Jayron Kearse? He was all over the place today, and contributed significantly on defense. I expected him to be a core special teamer and little else. Today, he was far much more.
  • Micah Parsons got better and better as the game went on, and was pushing the pocket relentlessly from the edge.
  • Jaylon Smith actually made a few plays in this game.
  • Damontae Kazee is a playmaker. Forced a fumble in Week One and got a critical pick in today's game.
  • Defense bent, but never broke.
  • Zuerlein showed major grapefruits on the game winner.
  • The offense didn't have a single three and out today. Yes, Prescott's interception came on the third play of that series, but they got a first down on the first play of that series.

What I didn't like:
  • Trevon Diggs, despite his outstanding pick on the first series, got an education today from Keenan Allen. He got worked.
  • Way too soft in the middle of the field on defense. Herbert made a living today throwing to wide open receivers in the middle today. The safeties played very deep to prevent the long play, but allowed themselves to get carved up underneath.
  • Fourth and 20 at the Charger 46, and the Chargers punt. Why on earth are you putting a full rush on the punter? Just dumb, and extended a drive. They got away with it when Vizcaino doinked his FG attempt, but it made the defense face more snaps.
  • The time management on the final drive - endlessly discussed, but very accurate. McCarthy's approach was not smart, but his kicked bailed him out.
  • Prescott's interception was a poor throw and read, and stymied early momentum gained by Diggs' interception.
  • Tyron Smith, occasionally, will not move his feet enough laterally on rushers. He did that against Kyler Fackrell, and gave up the edge. Nearly lost the ball and a scoring opportunity, if not for Martin getting on the ball.
The Cowboys have a slew of winnable games coming up. Need to keep the vibes from today moving forward. Need to come out strong versus Philadelphia, and force them to throw.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
We have also had so many years of failure that I think some folks just expect the shoe to drop. They don’t want to get excited, because this is still a skeletor owned team

97b4e41236f6073cc32e9bd40d4c993f.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
Anybody that saw the Chargers last week knew they weren’t that good at stopping the run. Also, I have no idea when the story turned that San Diego was supposed to contend for the SB and not the Cowboys, per the experts, like Dallas winning was some unimaginable thing.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Exciting, yet uneven game. Officiating was brutal, but the Cowboys got the better of it overall.

What I liked:
  • An opening drive touchdown - forgot what one looked like. Some creative playcalls on the drive, and a good decision to go for it on fourth down.
  • Zack Martin was a total beast in this game, and was killing guys in the run game.
  • Terence Steele overall did a nice job. To me, it looked like he was wearing down a bit at the end, but he managed to prevent Joey Bosa from wrecking the game.
  • Tony Pollard was quick and broke a number of tackles. Really strong effort today.
  • Where have you gone, Jayron Kearse? He was all over the place today, and contributed significantly on defense. I expected him to be a core special teamer and little else. Today, he was far much more.
  • Micah Parsons got better and better as the game went on, and was pushing the pocket relentlessly from the edge.
  • Jaylon Smith actually made a few plays in this game.
  • Damontae Kazee is a playmaker. Forced a fumble in Week One and got a critical pick in today's game.
  • Defense bent, but never broke.
  • Zuerlein showed major grapefruits on the game winner.
  • The offense didn't have a single three and out today. Yes, Prescott's interception came on the third play of that series, but they got a first down on the first play of that series.

What I didn't like:
  • Trevon Diggs, despite his outstanding pick on the first series, got an education today from Keenan Allen. He got worked.
  • Way too soft in the middle of the field on defense. Herbert made a living today throwing to wide open receivers in the middle today. The safeties played very deep to prevent the long play, but allowed themselves to get carved up underneath.
  • Fourth and 20 at the Charger 46, and the Chargers punt. Why on earth are you putting a full rush on the punter? Just dumb, and extended a drive. They got away with it when Vizcaino doinked his FG attempt, but it made the defense face more snaps.
  • The time management on the final drive - endlessly discussed, but very accurate. McCarthy's approach was not smart, but his kicked bailed him out.
  • Prescott's interception was a poor throw and read, and stymied early momentum gained by Diggs' interception.
  • Tyron Smith, occasionally, will not move his feet enough laterally on rushers. He did that against Kyler Fackrell, and gave up the edge. Nearly lost the ball and a scoring opportunity, if not for Martin getting on the ball.
The Cowboys have a slew of winnable games coming up. Need to keep the vibes from today moving forward. Need to come out strong versus Philadelphia, and force them to throw.
Diggs shouldn't have been on Allen. He should have followed Williams. Diggs is physical and plays better against that type of receiver...... example, Evans last week.

The shifty route runners is what Diggs struggles at. Just my opinion

When Joseph gets healthy or Canady should cover the speedy or really good route runners