Game Day ***Cowboys vs Chiefs post game thread***

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Ronnie T24 Said: I am not believing the number of drops we've been guilty of today. 98 hits Dak in the face.. no call.. That's 5 huge missed calls refs.. Nice..

Ronnie I'd like to know how many drops there were. Despite the fact that Dak was indeed off some today, he also threw numerous passes that were right on target but were dropped by the intended receivers. If not for all the passes dropped, that game might well have looked considerably different, we might even have won the game.

MattMc33

Reaction score
I honestly never expected a win. Hopeful yes, but thought that the player absences on the offensive side of the ball would just be too much to overcome.

That said, I'm still incredibly mad and frustrated about that game, primarily because the team wasted a really good effort by the D. Was it perfect? No. But they played hard and with passion, they blunted Mahomes for the most part and Hill wasn't as effective as he could have been. Parsons was awesome of course and the secondary held up pretty well I thought. Limiting the Chiefs to just 19 at Arrowhead is pretty damn good and with the amount of stops they got, the offence should have taken advantage.

Of course, they didn't, hence the frustration. Even given the players that were missing, the execution and effort was poor, to state the blinding obvious. I love Dak, but he was terrible, and that's the second time in three weeks that's happened, so I'm praying it's not a trend. He was pissed off at the press conference; I just hope he takes that anger with him and buries the Raiders on Thanksgiving. And as bad as he was, he didn't get any help from the lousy play calling (not one of Kellen's finest moments), an offensive line that got its butt kicked and receivers that dropped a bunch of balls. Just a bad day from the offence all around and they need to redeem themselves in a hurry.

I still believe in this team, but based on what we've seen in the two recent AFC West games, expectations clearly need to be dampened.

Mark

Reaction score
Dan Quinn has totally turned this defense around. They're on their heels for one series...after which they figure things out. His squad merits at least an A- today. Naked truth is that this team lives or dies on the performance of its O-line. Injuries, or not, they suck as a unit, and the whole lot are richly deserving of a grade "F" today.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I honestly never expected a win. Hopeful yes, but thought that the player absences on the offensive side of the ball would just be too much to overcome.

That said, I'm still incredibly mad and frustrated about that game, primarily because the team wasted a really good effort by the D. Was it perfect? No. But they played hard and with passion, they blunted Mahomes for the most part and Hill wasn't as effective as he could have been. Parsons was awesome of course and the secondary held up pretty well I thought. Limiting the Chiefs to just 19 at Arrowhead is pretty damn good and with the amount of stops they got, the offence should have taken advantage.

Of course, they didn't, hence the frustration. Even given the players that were missing, the execution and effort was poor, to state the blinding obvious. I love Dak, but he was terrible, and that's the second time in three weeks that's happened, so I'm praying it's not a trend. He was pissed off at the press conference; I just hope he takes that anger with him and buries the Raiders on Thanksgiving. And as bad as he was, he didn't get any help from the lousy play calling (not one of Kellen's finest moments), an offensive line that got its butt kicked and receivers that dropped a bunch of balls. Just a bad day from the offence all around and they need to redeem themselves in a hurry.

I still believe in this team, but based on what we've seen in the two recent AFC West games, expectations clearly need to be dampened.
Solid post man. Kind of sums up how I feel after this game. Welcome to the board if no one has offered that yet.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will finish 3rd in the NFC East. McCarthy will be fired. Garrett will be brought back for a 2nd stint.

That's the way I see it going down.

Zman5

Reaction score
I know we lost and I'm very disappointed in our offense but to say we are frauds or not a contender after this game is short sighted.

How can you say that after watching our defense play today? Did any of you predicted we'll hold KC's offense to 19 points in KC without Gregory and DLaw? Our offense may not be as great as we thought but our defense is much better than most of here thought is could be.

We are going to need to lean on the defense in some games during the playoffs and I feel much more confident our defense can stop good offenses knowing we'll also get 3 really good DLimen back. Especially after today's game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So....what folks?

We pack it in at 7-3 because we couldn't beat a team on the road that played in the last two SB?

Ok....

No, we dont pack it in we still got 7 more games to play.

With that being said, a lot of posters need to start adjusting their expectations. All this talk of #1 seed needs to stop and stop right now. We just need to hang onto the division at this point and worry about seedings later.

Cowfan75

Reaction score

You know, I felt the same. I wanted to get hyped, and I was furious during the game, but all week leading up, and throughout the game I never thought we a had a chance to win. One thing I didn't expect was for the defense to play as well as they did. And got no help from the offense.