Game Day ***Cowboys vs Colts post game thread***

JJ1986

Reaction score
So my friend is desperate and says dallas hasnt beat a real nfl team yet

btw hes a commanders fan and says his team just went to battle with one of the best teams in the NFL (Giants) while we havent played nobody

logic....when it comes to cowboys hate

Dallas beat the Vikings, the Bengals, the Giants twice… & the Commanders once.

:facepalm:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s nothing wrong with thinking big picture as a fan, especially with our lack of success over the past 30 years. Rayne Dakota can get away with that subpar play against subpar teams, but it’ll eventually bite you in the playoffs.
Do it your way....me, I'm gonna enjoy this...

Wangchung83

Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with thinking big picture as a fan, especially with our lack of success over the past 30 years. Rayne Dakota can get away with that subpar play against subpar teams, but it’ll eventually bite you in the playoffs.
Always dose and that fanboys can’t see this is infuriating. Fact is he would’ve lost without the defense handing him 20+ points bc it means colts keep running instead of having to abandon and go to the pass. Colts are the worst in pass rush, which means w/o the uncanny amount of turnovers, the boys are in a shootout. We can’t rely on d to have 4 or 5 turnovers every game and we just lost another corner:/.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why? What has he shown but lack of awareness? Maybe he's just nervous or something, but he's caused more problems than he's made plays. I'm sure the coaches see something in him, other than speed, but it needs to show up soon...."Now" would be best.

nobody

Reaction score
Why? What has he shown but lack of awareness? Maybe he's just nervous or something, but he's caused more problems than he's made plays. I'm sure the coaches see something in him, other than speed, but it needs to show up soon...."Now" would be best.

I know what they see. A directive from Jerry. "I chose him in the second round. Make him work out so I look good." That's what they see in him.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just a random thought: Dallas' offense and defenses cause games to snowball which is the reason for these blowouts.

With a lead, Dallas' pass defense just shreds teams. Without a lead, the run defense struggles.
With a lead, Dallas can just run the ball down teams' throats and use playaction. Without the lead, Dallas on offense reverts to the "everyone run a 15 yard button hook" system that sucks.

Basically, once Dallas has a lead they play better. Once they get behind they play worse. Both situations exacerbate the current game situation, particularly once it gets to the second half.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Just a random thought: Dallas' offense and defenses cause games to snowball which is the reason for these blowouts.

With a lead, Dallas' pass defense just shreds teams. Without a lead, the run defense struggles.
With a lead, Dallas can just run the ball down teams' throats and use playaction. Without the lead, Dallas on offense reverts to the "everyone run a 15 yard button hook" system that sucks.

Basically, once Dallas has a lead they play better. Once they get behind they play worse. Both situations exacerbate the current game situation, particularly once it gets to the second half.
So what you’re saying is we should always elect to receive if we win the coin toss
sip_200-8cd52659abd57bb28c4d7bd3797c582d77527643-s1600-c85.webp

cowboyec

Reaction score
to me...alot of that...lack of awareness...is a young guy who just needs to get more experience.
the talent is there...it shows.
has good length and he's come close a few times to getting a pic.
i think bland will start opposite of diggsy.
joseph in the slot.
i'd like to see them add another vet cb...malcom butler or kevin king maybe.
but i'm intrigued by bland and joseph.
the opportunity is there.
plus...a really good pass rush can make alot of cb's look really,really good.
i have faith mccarthy and quinn will figure it out.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Always dose and that fanboys can’t see this is infuriating. Fact is he would’ve lost without the defense handing him 20+ points bc it means colts keep running instead of having to abandon and go to the pass. Colts are the worst in pass rush, which means w/o the uncanny amount of turnovers, the boys are in a shootout. We can’t rely on d to have 4 or 5 turnovers every game and we just lost another corner:/.
Completely agree. That QB play won’t cut it in the playoffs. Even when the Giants made their run in 07’ mainly through the pass rush and running game, Eli still made some big time throws in the passing game; Dakota hasn’t made enough of those IMO.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joseph has been OK.

Fans only remember the bad plays even if there ate 40 good snaps per 1 bad snap.

He played 64% in a previous game and was only targeted 3 times.

He played 40% vs the Colts.
- He had coverage on the TD play.
- I don't recall other significant big plays against him.

In 2021 he gave up.minus 2 yards receiving in his 1st ever start.