Game Day ***Cowboys vs Commanders 1st Half Game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
"THIS TEAM IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!!!!"

"I CAN'T EVEN STAND TO WATCH THEM PLAY"

"JJ AND GARRETT NEED TO BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR HOW THIS TEAM IS PERFORMING"

then

"THIS IS HORRIBLE; OUR DRAFT POSITION IS IN JEOPARDY!!!!"

"SKINS NEED TO PUT THE FIRST STRING BACK IN, WE CAN'T AFFORD TO WIN"

"THIS IS HORRIBLE; THE ABSOLUTE WORST TIME TO PLAY WELL. I CAN'T STAND TO WATCH THIS"

So which is it?

Deep_South

Reaction score
If we make the same halftime adjustments to the offense we have all season, the 4th pick will be ours.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Give us a break. It wasn't gutsy but it was a good call.

I agree. A risk that inspired the team. Do you think in the 14 games this year where we were still mathematically alive and Garrett repeatedly punted on 4th and shorts it may have helped?

Garrett coaches scared. Nothing to fear this game so he takes chances. We needed that all year and he never budged out of fear.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score

manziel-cowboys-jersey.jpg

Tommy

Reaction score
I agree. A risk that inspired the team. Do you think in the 14 games this year where we were still mathematically alive and Garrett repeatedly punted on 4th and shorts it may have helped?

Garrett coaches scared. Nothing to fear this game so he takes chances. We needed that all year and he never budged out of fear.

I think regardless of what he did you would be complaining about it.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
"THIS TEAM IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!!!!"

"I CAN'T EVEN STAND TO WATCH THEM PLAY"

"JJ AND GARRETT NEED TO BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR HOW THIS TEAM IS PERFORMING"

then

"THIS IS HORRIBLE; OUR DRAFT POSITION IS IN JEOPARDY!!!!"

"SKINS NEED TO PUT THE FIRST STRING BACK IN, WE CAN'T AFFORD TO WIN"

"THIS IS HORRIBLE; THE ABSOLUTE WORST TIME TO PLAY WELL. I CAN'T STAND TO WATCH THIS"

So which is it?

Both :muttley:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

There aren't any punts I remember where I would have absolutely gone for it. I might have risked 2-3 4th down tries.

Garrett is a bit too conservative for me esp in light of the D we've had up until this year. And TBF we still don't have the safeties to risk more blitzes.

I've always been a bit critical of his play calling. He needs to take a hard look at that this. Witten needs fewer catches and Beasley more. They need to downfield more. I'd like to see more horizontal routes, stacks, rubs and outright picks.

One thing I do agree with some here is his offense is too predictable and I'm not talking about 1st down runs either.

There's plenty to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.