Cowboys vs Commanders ***Official Game Thread***

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The only time we got pressure was when we blitzed. Why, when it's 4th and long, did we NOT blitz? The WORST thing you can do on 4th and long is give the QB and WRs time to throw and time to get open. Our DL shows ZERO relentlessness when they rush the passer. Ware looked worse then Shante Carver out there. He kept jogging up to Samuels and then just locking up with him. No explosion out of him at all. You don't react to the OT, you FORCE the OT to react to YOU.

Roy also could of iced the game if he didn't drop that INT.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
This one hurts deep doesn't it. I don't know what to say.

Its easy to understand and know what to say. When you cant put points on the board you arent going to win many football games. This is what happens when you have an inept offense and an inept O-coordinator playing not to lose.
I could care less right now what they do the rest of the season. I figures just maybe we had a shot of making the playoffs this year and after the SD game i really got my hopes up high. But in reality it will be another year of looking forward to the draft and asking ADAM how the cap situation is.
And to actually think i was looking forward to the EAGLES GAME!!!

Reaction score
On the next to last series, we run for 6-7 yds. on first down, then pass the next three downs for 2-3 yds. & turn it over on downs. Where is the run when the game is on the line?

marchetta

Reaction score
No one play lost us the game. It was a culmination of conservative offensive play calling, mental lapses in our secondary, and just plain old bad luck. For example, we were all over Brunell during his 3rd and long scramble, that should have been a sack. Then on 4th down he hits Moss for a TD. But, if Ellis gets to Brunell a split second sooner it's a sack. We just weren't suppose to win this one. I just hope they are young enough to put this loss behind them, and not let this create a snowball affect. After the first two games of the season, it's clear that our D is going to have trouble holding a team down for 4 quarters, and our O is not aggressive enough to put a team away when our D is playing well. So, lets just hope as the season progresses, both sides of the ball gain experience in how to put a team away early. BTW, I'm sure all of us saw this coming. With all the opportunities we had to end it early, we allowed them to remain in the game. When you do that, you deserve to lose.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Well, if there's any silver lining around this dark ugly cloud, perhaps tha Cowboys can learn from this and realize that you can't take some plays off just because you have a big lead.

I just hope that this mess will only help them to get better so that they can go for the juggler the next time and alleviate any hope of a comeback by their opponents.

heavyg

Reaction score
marchetta said:
Damn, now I can't watch ESPN for a week. What am I to do?

Screw ESPN...lol......I never watch them anyway. Unless they are showing a Cowboys game. Then I do it with the sound off.

Gaede

Reaction score
Haha, the Cowboys have been blowing leads for a good five or six years now.

And uh, nope, still haven't learned!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Growing pains......Youg D played well for 3 1/2 quarters.

We have to move on.......learn from our mistakes and win Sunday.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I just started a thread and it's already on page 2.

:rolleyes:

Like I said in my thread, 13 points just won't get it done. We need to open up our offense and score more points, before we start playing games with the clock.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Growing pains......Youg D played well for 3 1/2 quarters.

We have to move on.......learn from our mistakes and win Sunday.

One of the few people that posted something worth reading. Thanks Cbz! :)
I'VE BEEN SAYING MOVE ON ALL ALONG. LOL

crazytown41

Reaction score
13 points just won't cut it

Sit on a big lead? That's barely a lead. lol

I don't know what Payton was thinking.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
otero1 said:
One of the few people that posted something worth reading. Thanks Cbz! :)
I'VE BEEN SAYING MOVE ON ALL ALONG. LOL
This one is now history.....we as fans must put it behind us just like the team must. We still have 14 more games to play.