Game Day ***Cowboys vs Commanders post game thread***

gmoney112

Reaction score
I like how many guys are off the wagon now.

Good. More room for me.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yeah. The wagon is light this morning. Feels comfy to be able to stretch out.

Reality: We are 6-2 at the midway point. If you had told me we would have this record halfway through before the season started I would have probably laughed in your face. 6-2, still in 1st place, chance to keep getting better... I will take that all day everyday plus a double dip on Sunday.

Anyone that blames Romo for this loss is a waggoneer. Plain & simple. We need to generate a "consistent" pass rush or else teams will utilize this road map to beat us again and again and again. Can't wait to see DLAW in the rotation.

nablives

Reaction score
I wanted to post a new thread about this, but it appears I don't have the option; It must be my shifty eyes. Anyway, I was curious just how crazy Dallas actually was in the 2nd half, and overtime, when it came to running the ball on 2nd down. Here's the rundown:

2-6 from DAL 26
Pass complete to Beasley for 11 yards

2-11 from DAL 36
Pass incomplete to Dunbar. Pass knocked down at the LOS.

2-3 from WAS 3
Pass incomplete to Bryant in the endzone. Broken up by the CB.

2-5 from DAL 25
Pass complete to Hanna for 7 yards

2-7 from DAL 35
Pass complete to Williams for 14 yards

2-2 from WAS 25
Pass complete to Witten for 25 yard TD

2-1 from DAL 12
Romo sacked

2-5 from DAL 28
Pass complete to Williams for 4 yards

2-2 from DAL 28
Pass complete to Murray for -1 yards

So Dallas complete 6 out of 8 passes. Out of those 6, 4 got them at least a 1st down, and 1 got them a touchdown.

Upon reevaluation, I no longer thing the called plays were just awful. They really weren't, at least not all the way around. I think they could have done some things better. I get why they throw to Dez on 2nd and goal from the 3 when there's a young CB on him in 1 on 1 coverage. Dez is supposed to poop excellence and win that one every time. It didn't work out, but the decision wasn't the worst one in the world, granted, I would have run the ball.

Honestly, I thought the biggest gaff of the night from the coaches was 3rd downs. They didn't seem to have a good plan for the blitz. They tried to adjust to some extent, as you could see with Witten helping block in the backfield, but they only ran one screen (which was very successful). With that said, I think the anger over the run/pass ration that some of us have is slightly misguided. I think we have a right to be disappointed over 3rd downs. I think we have a right to be disappointed in Murray still coughing up the football. I think we have the right to be disappointed in the chosen one a.k.a Dez having a bad night against a rookie and a 2nd year corner. However this morning, I'm not quite as convinced that the coaches simply lost this one for Dallas. I think the players had a lot to do with it too.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Good teams have got to beat bad teams, stop making excuses and start holing coaches accountable, our HC failed to have this team ready for a divisional game. I can accept other loses, but not this one, there is zero reason for thsi team to not steam roll bad teams and again Garret plays down to the competition. NO excuses.

You do know Seat
Yeah. The wagon is light this morning. Feels comfy to be able to stretch out.

Reality: We are 6-2 at the midway point. If you had told me we would have this record halfway through before the season started I would have probably laughed in your face. 6-2, still in 1st place, chance to keep getting better... I will take that all day everyday plus a double dip on Sunday.

Anyone that blames Romo for this loss is a waggoneer. Plain & simple. We need to generate a "consistent" pass rush or else teams will utilize this road map to beat us again and again and again. Can't wait to see DLAW in the rotation.

Anyone who doesn't at least acknowledge Romo was awful yesterday must wear his/her Romo pj's to bed. Defense wasn't the reason team lost.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Horrible loss against a dreadful football team at home. There's just no excusing it.

Must rebound against a much better Cardinals team this week.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Horrible loss against a dreadful football team at home. There's just no excusing it.

Must rebound against a much better Cardinals team this week.

Agree, but the Skins were far from dreadful yesterday. Maybe we will play better against them at their place, but who knows...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't at least acknowledge Romo was awful yesterday must wear his/her Romo pj's to bed. Defense wasn't the reason team lost.
You calling me a Romo lover? :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

You obviously have no idea.

Aside from a couple of plays, our defense was atrocious. Anyone who can't see that wears defensive line jerseys to bed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Arizona is almost a must win now because the Eagles are not losing to the sorry arse Texans.

mldardy

Reaction score
Arizona is almost a must win now because the Eagles are not losing to the sorry arse Texans.

If it was in Philly I would definitely agree but the Texans at home are pretty tough. The Eagles still might win but don't expect that game to be easy for them.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
You calling me a Romo lover? :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

You obviously have no idea.

Aside from a couple of plays, our defense was atrocious. Anyone who can't see that wears defensive line jerseys to bed.

How were they "atrocious"? They missed a few tackles admittedly but they weren't atrocious. The offense was far worse.

Stryker44

Reaction score
As a Skins fan, euphoric about this win but also realistic about our situation. We are still 3-5, while you're 6-2 and the Eagles are 5-2. With Minnesota and Tampa Bay coming up, I think we have a realistic shot to get to 5-5 on a 4 game win streak before playing SF. Next two games are MUST win for us if we even want to dream of playing for anything other than pride in December.

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. I remember all too well the 1995 season where we went 4-12 yet beat Dallas twice. Consistency matters.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Honestly, the Skins looked like they were just much better prepared for this game. I give them credit for playing hard and coming out with the win.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I wanted to post a new thread about this, but it appears I don't have the option; It must be my shifty eyes. Anyway, I was curious just how crazy Dallas actually was in the 2nd half, and overtime, when it came to running the ball on 2nd down. Here's the rundown:

2-6 from DAL 26
Pass complete to Beasley for 11 yards

2-11 from DAL 36
Pass incomplete to Dunbar. Pass knocked down at the LOS.

2-3 from WAS 3
Pass incomplete to Bryant in the endzone. Broken up by the CB.

2-5 from DAL 25
Pass complete to Hanna for 7 yards

2-7 from DAL 35
Pass complete to Williams for 14 yards

2-2 from WAS 25
Pass complete to Witten for 25 yard TD

2-1 from DAL 12
Romo sacked

2-5 from DAL 28
Pass complete to Williams for 4 yards

2-2 from DAL 28
Pass complete to Murray for -1 yards

So Dallas complete 6 out of 8 passes. Out of those 6, 4 got them at least a 1st down, and 1 got them a touchdown.

Upon reevaluation, I no longer thing the called plays were just awful. They really weren't, at least not all the way around. I think they could have done some things better. I get why they throw to Dez on 2nd and goal from the 3 when there's a young CB on him in 1 on 1 coverage. Dez is supposed to poop excellence and win that one every time. It didn't work out, but the decision wasn't the worst one in the world, granted, I would have run the ball.

Honestly, I thought the biggest gaff of the night from the coaches was 3rd downs. They didn't seem to have a good plan for the blitz. They tried to adjust to some extent, as you could see with Witten helping block in the backfield, but they only ran one screen (which was very successful). With that said, I think the anger over the run/pass ration that some of us have is slightly misguided. I think we have a right to be disappointed over 3rd downs. I think we have a right to be disappointed in Murray still coughing up the football. I think we have the right to be disappointed in the chosen one a.k.a Dez having a bad night against a rookie and a 2nd year corner. However this morning, I'm not quite as convinced that the coaches simply lost this one for Dallas. I think the players had a lot to do with it too.

Good stuff. That said in the OT in 4 down situation needing three yards Murray has to run on one or two of the last three downs. That was coaching panicking. The Skins had no answer for that. I wouldn't have minded the second down call if the mindset was to run on third and three

nablives

Reaction score
Good stuff. That said in the OT in 4 down situation needing three yards Murray has to run on one or two of the last three downs. That was coaching panicking. The Skins had no answer for that. I wouldn't have minded the second down call if the mindset was to run on third and three

I would have run the ball way more often, but that's just this Tuesday Morning QB talking. In Dallas, despite what we've seen in the 1st games, I think their true love will always be the pass, at least under Garrett.