Game Day ***Cowboys vs Commanders post game thread***

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Randle and Murray both averaged 7+ yards per carry. Somehow we couldn't take advantage of it. Most teams would take that all the way down the field all day.

they also fumbled costing us 10 points. get over it. they cost us the game more than anyone.

Zordon

Reaction score
some dude just called the fan postgame literally crying on the air :lmao:

Lazyking

Reaction score
Romo not changing protection to cover the blitzes were maddening. His worst managed game of the year honestly. Defense sucked in the second half and if Dez wants to be considered the best WR, he needs to make that TD catch from Weeden.

Zman5

Reaction score
some dude just called the fan postgame literally crying on the air :lmao:

Probably the same guy who called in to TalkinCowboys and cried few weeks back. I think his name was Ray.

Zman5

Reaction score
Romo not changing protection to cover the blitzes were maddening. His worst managed game of the year honestly. Defense sucked in the second half and if Dez wants to be considered the best WR, he needs to make that TD catch from Weeden.

Haslett has been doing this to Romo and JG's offense for long time. Romo won some games against him but Romo always gets beat up by Haslett's defense.

They still haven't solved his blitzes. I thought this year would be different. I was wrong.

Lazyking

Reaction score
Haslett has been doing this to Romo and JG for long time. Romo won some games against him but Romo always gets beat up by Haslett's defense.

Yeah I knew this was gonna be an issue. It only got worse when Romo got hurt. He was lost.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Some observations now that Beast has had some time to cool off....................

a. Murray.....thanks for fumbling for the 1000th time this season, heck of a job. I don't care if you have 300 yards rushing per game, your fumbles are starting to cost us games now.. This loss is on your resume when it comes time to talk contract.

b Dez..........got shut down by a freaking rookie, seriously? You want $15 million a season and a freaking rookie is covering you like a blanket. I am speechless, seriously.

c. Romo........you are one tough sob, nobody can deny that. However, you should have let Weeden finish the game because you were just not the same when you came back.

d. Linehan......you were schooled tonight by Haslett, it was down right embarrassing how bad you got outcoached tonight. How the hell do you not have one freaking play to counter a blitz? And three straight passes on 2nd and 2, that's just ********.

e. Marinelli.... you let a QB that has not started in over 3 years light your defense up, that's just laughable. Seriously, you couldn't stop freaking Colt McCoy from just going right down the field the entire 2nd half and OT? Seriously?

f. Garrett......excellent way to have your team ready to play tonight. You realize you just got outcoached by Jay Gruden, let that sink in awhile.

Overall just a terrible home loss to a division rival. With Arizona on deck, all of a sudden we could drop out of first place in the division next week since Philly is playing the Texans. We really need to bounce back next week and just chalk this loss up to laying an egg.

Zman5

Reaction score
Some observations now that Beast has had some time to cool off....................

a. Murray.....thanks for fumbling for the 1000th time this season, heck of a job. I don't care if you have 300 yards rushing per game, your fumbles are starting to cost us games now.. This loss is on your resume when it comes time to talk contract.

b Dez..........got shut down by a freaking rookie, seriously? You want $15 million a season and a freaking rookie is covering you like a blanket. I am speechless, seriously.

c. Romo........you are one tough sob, nobody can deny that. However, you should have let Weeden finish the game because you were just not the same when you came back.

d. Linehan......you were schooled tonight by Haslett, it was down right embarrassing how bad you got outcoached tonight. How the hell do you not have one freaking play to counter a blitz? And three straight passes on 2nd and 2, that's just ********.

e. Marinelli.... you let a QB that has not started in over 3 years light your defense up, that's just laughable. Seriously, you couldn't stop freaking Colt McCoy from just going right down the field the entire 2nd half and OT? Seriously?

f. Garrett......excellent way to have your team ready to play tonight. You realize you just got outcoached by Jay Gruden, let that sink in awhile.

Overall just a terrible home loss to a division rival. With Arizona on deck, all of a sudden we could drop out of first place in the division next week since Philly is playing the Texans. We really need to bounce back next week and just chalk this loss up to laying an egg.

The whole team stunk it up which leads me to believe the team has started to eat the cheese.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
They didn't seem to blitz as much with Weeden in there.

exactly. look at the plays and higlights with weeden. they played more coveraged and didnt blitz him. he had a clean pocket on his throws. it was like they wanted to force weeden into a mistake passing the ball but feared romo would pick them apart so they threw everything but the kitchen sink at him

i dont know how anyone could watch and not see romo was defended differently

Lazyking

Reaction score
exactly. look at the plays and higlights with weeden. they played more coveraged and didnt blitz him. he had a clean pocket on his throws. it was like they wanted to force weeden into a mistake passing the ball but feared romo would pick them apart so they threw everything but the kitchen sink at him

i dont know how anyone could watch and not see romo was defended differently

He was and Romo did nothing to change protection, like he didn't see it coming. Haslett is in his head.

30yrheel

Reaction score

Agree 100%

ghst187

Reaction score
On a brighter note, every great season we've had included an inexplicable loss to the skins.

spook930

Reaction score
Welp I kinda seen the coming, the last two gsmes had me paranoid (thought it would be the Giants). Hopefull the team gets refocused and fix the turnovers and blitz protection.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I'm gonna say I would have thought no better than .500 at this point. This team has exceeded expectations, but tonight everything was what we figured at the beginning of the season.

We didn't stick to the run, didn't pick up the blitz, turned the ball over too much, hopefully those things will get fixed. One thing I fell more comfortable is in our back up qb, I thought he had a lively arm and managed the game well, if Tony goes down for any amount of time I don't think that the season's lost.

fifaguy

Reaction score

I agree with every single one of these points. Was especially surprised that the supposedly weak defensive backfield of the Skins handled our guys pretty well. Next Sunday can't come soon enough...