Game Day *** Cowboys vs Dolphins post game thread ***

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Hilarious! Some of us are never going to be satisfied no matter if we win by 1 or blow someone out by 70!
Has anyone EVER seen a perfect football game played? In my 53 years, I know I haven’t.

Good Win Cowboys!

Stargazing

Reaction score
I dont mean to be a downer here but if we played a good team today we would have lost. We have to more disipline. Way too many penalties. Our pass rush was not there in the 1st half. Look im so happy we won and the Eagles lost. My only fear is this team starts believing the hype. I felt like they started the game thinking this way. We have to keep things in prespective. We have yet to play a good team yet. Yes yes im so excited and we beat the teams we have to play. Im happy. I just dont want this team to start believing the hype. They have a long long way to go. Practice hard every week and stay hungry please. We have to play better next week

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Awuzie ended the game healthy.

giphy.gif

Gaede

Reaction score
This is the first time I've seen what others have seen in Pollard.

He's electric. What a combo with Zeke. If we had a better TE, this offense would be completely unstoppable

JayFord

Reaction score
I dont mean to be a downer here but if we played a good team today we would have lost. We have to more disipline. Way too many penalties. Our pass rush was not there in the 1st half. Look im so happy we won and the Eagles lost. My only fear is this team starts believing the hype. I felt like they started the game thinking this way. We have to keep things in prespective. We have yet to play a good team yet. Yes yes im so excited and we beat the teams we have to play. Im happy. I just dont want this team to start believing the hype. They have a long long way to go. Practice hard every week and stay hungry please. We have to play better next week

thats my biggest fear too

if i was a coach i wouldnt dare let them believe the hype there was plenty the first three weeks that looked bad and todays game was actually the worst ive seen out of the 3

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A win is a win is a win fellas, but dam that was ugly as *****.

Lets be real here, if it was anybody other than the sorry arse Dolphins we were playing today we would have lost. I am really worried about the Saints game now, that looks like an L right now.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
My opinion of this team didn't change. Did what they needed to. A few takeaways.
1) Love the way Kellen used Tony Pollard today. Both he and Zeke are capable of having big games. Dak played well too. Honestly probably would have been one of his better games last year. This year? One of his "worst".
2) Really worried about Conner Williams. Think he is the weak link of the O Line. I was scratching my head at the McGovern pick after they gave La'El his money. Now-I think McGovern is in to compete with Conner. I just think he will get manhandled all year. Average lineman at best.
3) Pass rush stepped it up in the second half. Need Tank to show up in the first half. 21 million dollars a year means you play 4 quarters. Quinn stepped up big too. Need Maliek to make more than one big play a game.
4) Jaylon looked better in the second half but he looked lost at the start. Hope he is okay.
5) Afraid teams will expose Awuzie. Has not made the jump everyone thought he would.
6) This team has finished games. They didn't do that the last few years. I think that is a really good sign!
7) Call me crazy-but I think Josh Rosen and Brian Flores can both be effective QB and HC respectively. Don't try and tell those guys the Dolphins are tanking. They just have zero talent. If you put those two on the Bills I think they might actually be better. Rooting for Rosen-rough start to his career. Credit Miami-they showed up to play. (This statement tells you how bad they are and how good Dallas is.)
8) Things are lining up well for Dallas. Eagles could be 1-3 come Thursday night. Commanders and Giants are meh. Division could be wrapped up by December and they could be fighting for home field.

Thought this team would be 3-0 when the schedule came out so I am very glad. Do have to be careful-last time this team started 3-0 they missed the playoffs. Offense has to keep it up. Someone on the defense has to make plays. 3rd and Long-need someone to get in the QBs face. Need the secondary to pick a pass off!! They really should have like 5 interceptions. Instead-0!! Don't overlook the Saints. They will be hungry. I think Dallas wins but it'll be a one possession game.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
My opinion of this team didn't change. Did what they needed to. A few takeaways.
1) Love the way Kellen used Tony Pollard today. Both he and Zeke are capable of having big games. Dak played well too. Honestly probably would have been one of his better games last year. This year? One of his "worst".
2) Really worried about Conner Williams. Think he is the weak link of the O Line. I was scratching my head at the McGovern pick after they gave La'El his money. Now-I think McGovern is in to compete with Conner. I just think he will get manhandled all year. Average lineman at best.
3) Pass rush stepped it up in the second half. Need Tank to show up in the first half. 21 million dollars a year means you play 4 quarters. Quinn stepped up big too. Need Maliek to make more than one big play a game.
4) Jaylon looked better in the second half but he looked lost at the start. Hope he is okay.
5) Afraid teams will expose Awuzie. Has not made the jump everyone thought he would.
6) This team has finished games. They didn't do that the last few years. I think that is a really good sign!
7) Call me crazy-but I think Josh Rosen and Brian Flores can both be effective QB and HC respectively. Don't try and tell those guys the Dolphins are tanking. They just have zero talent. If you put those two on the Bills I think they might actually be better. Rooting for Rosen-rough start to his career. Credit Miami-they showed up to play. (This statement tells you how bad they are and how good Dallas is.)
8) Things are lining up well for Dallas. Eagles could be 1-3 come Thursday night. Commanders and Giants are meh. Division could be wrapped up by December and they could be fighting for home field.

Thought this team would be 3-0 when the schedule came out so I am very glad. Do have to be careful-last time this team started 3-0 they missed the playoffs. Offense has to keep it up. Someone on the defense has to make plays. 3rd and Long-need someone to get in the QBs face. Need the secondary to pick a pass off!! They really should have like 5 interceptions. Instead-0!! Don't overlook the Saints. They will be hungry. I think Dallas wins but it'll be a one possession game.
*I'm watching that Saints game,my Hoosier Home boy& their looking to be quite capable of stomping a newly expanded
"mud wallow" into the back fourty of our footballish A .O.,,,o_O

** That #41 player on the Saints, ain't no joke,nor a facsimile thereof when it comes to displaying his 'game' & the backup Q B. they've got mannin' the pilot house and helm, ain't no slouchy from the bottom of the laundry basket either.

Last edited:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Anyone still being 100% negative is just refusing to give us their board persona and stick. Yeah, the D isn’t yet as good or dominant as we thought it could be but let it evolve. It’s missing a few pieces and in my mind it’s the scheme that is reducing the turnovers and sacks. Add a real free safety, a run stuffing DT, and an aggressive DC that will dial up man coverage and pressure instead of just playing zone and rushing 4 on 5 all game long and the D would be much better. Most of the pieces are in place. This team is a pass rush away from being just as good as NE and KC.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
*I'm watching that Saints game,my Hoosier Home boy& their looking to be quite capable of stomping a newly expanded
"mud wallow" into the back fourty of our footballish A .O.,,,o_O
Yup!! People don't understand-Bridgewater hardly took any snaps to prepare for the Rams. A week of preparation makes a difference. Also, I don't think Seattle is all that. They could have very well lost to the 0-3 Bengals and 0-2 Steelers...Regardless it should be a good one!!! Two BIG games coming next. Cupcake season is over..until the Jets and the shEagles!