Game Day Cowboys vs Eagles 1st half game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Romo will be 37 and with a bigger contract. Temper expectations accordingly.
Brady is 39 do you think a team would give up a 1st for him or is he too old as well. Favre was 40 and playing. If a team thinks they only need a QB to win it all like Denver, then a 1st is a no brainer

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I think all the "resentment" on this board regarding Romo is this insistence that he's the same quarterback he was two years ago at age 37, that he'll make it healthy throughout the season and the disrespecting of Dak.

I dislike some irrational "Romo diehards" more than anything Romo ever did.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Is he now? Even though out of the three QBs today, Dak looked the worst in this "meaningless" game.

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, we just have a cast around the QB that makes it tough to underperform?

you can say the same about Tom Brady too

J817

Reaction score
Is Sanchez on a one year?

Yes but I'm willing to bet that will change in the offseason. He will probably demamd a lot due to idiots we are playing against now giving Daniels that idiotic contract (and then there is Moore in Miami as well).

pansophy

Reaction score
No. Dak is the future. Romo won't win the job back. Age is not on his side.
Seeing Romo throw a TD pass today gave me the biggest smile I've had all year. He IS the better QB and should be.

As an organization though its clear that we are moving on. Two years without a huge QB salary (or dead cap space) could be huge for us to resign our OL and add some D help. Prescott is playing more than good enough to win it all. Its just a matter of putting the rest of the team together.

If Montana, Manning, and Farve can finish their careers on other teams then so can Romo. It makes me sad to think that we could win it all this year and Romo won't be the starter. But stories don't always end the way I want them to.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
He will count almost $20 million against the cap if they trade or release him. They are on the hook for big money whether they keep him or let him go in 2017.

But not for 2018 and 2019. Plus I believe if they release him after June 1st they can split what's owed to him between 17 and 18 so that would save more money next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.