Game Day *** Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread***

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No but it keeps the season interesting, thats all I care about.
I am going no further than 1 game at a time, so they do need to beat atlanta, and if cleveland can beat them
dallas might too.
they still have 1 loss in their pocket, but hopefully they will save that for later on.

Have to save that for the Saints game. Better beat everybody else.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This just keeps Linehan and Garrett around longer. Its false hope anyway. We will drop the next two looking pedestrian on Offense, going away from what worked today again. Just because its the Cowboys way. Its the most gruelsome fanship you can have on this planet.
not really, they have plenty of time and games to screw up again.
Right now jerry sees playoffs as very possible, so if they dont get in, that could do the trick
and getting in probably means winning 6 of the next 7, which they probably cant do.
Jerry sees it as possible or likely, so he will be bummed at some point.

The reason is dallas has not won 2 in a row all season, and now they have to string some wins together and just lose one more time.
I dont think they can do it.
next game is atlanta so lets see if they use up their 1 loss there.

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
I'm happy with the win, but I don't know that I'd call it "impressive".

Fair enough. I guess I felt it was “impressive” simply because they defied my expectations. The offense actually showed some life and the coaches took some chances to win (e.g., fake punt) as opposed to being too conservative. Also, they beat the defending Super Bowl champions— and a tough divisional foe— in a hostile environment after enduring a brutal week of criticism. So, relative to where things appeared to be headed, the outcome was impressive. But, your point is well taken— the Cowboys played a far from perfect game and, ultimately, I doubt much has changed with respect to where they will end up record-wise. In fact, my instincts tell me that in the next two they will probably get beaten soundly by the Falcons and then lose a close one to the Commanders. I hope that I’m wrong.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Fair enough. I guess I felt it was “impressive” simply because they defied my expectations. The offense actually showed some life and the coaches took some chances to win (e.g., fake punt) as opposed to being too conservative. Also, they beat the defending Super Bowl champions— and a tough divisional foe— in a hostile environment after enduring a brutal week of criticism. So, relative to where things appeared to be headed, the outcome was impressive. But, your point is well taken— the Cowboys played a far from perfect game and, ultimately, I doubt much has changed with respect to where they will end up record-wise. In fact, my instincts tell me that in the next two they will probably get beaten soundly by the Falcons and then lose a close one to the Commanders. I hope that I’m wrong.

The Falcons just got spanked by Cleveland so they have issues of their own. The Commanders are getting by barely....far from a lick to lose.

Carter

Reaction score
not really, they have plenty of time and games to screw up again.
Right now jerry sees playoffs as very possible, so if they dont get in, that could do the trick
and getting in probably means winning 6 of the next 7, which they probably cant do.
Jerry sees it as possible or likely, so he will be bummed at some point.

The reason is dallas has not won 2 in a row all season, and now they have to string some wins together and just lose one more time.
I dont think they can do it.
next game is atlanta so lets see if they use up their 1 loss there.

Nothing would let Jerry fire his adopted Son.

4-12 couldnt why would 7-9 or 8-8 do?

He didnt fire him with 3 straight years of no Playoffs and 8-8.

Moral victories is all that matters to Jerry.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
still hope

damn this team.

every time I give up on them they give me hope. i can't take the ups and downs!

I don't have any of that anymore. I'm just going to enjoy games like this and take them for what they are, an aberration.

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
The Falcons just got spanked by Cleveland so they have issues of their own. The Commanders are getting by barely....far from a lick to lose.

Yes, tney are certainly winnable games and I’m going to be rooting for them. If the Cowboys do beat the Falcons, Turkey Day suddenly becomes much more interesting!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Nothing would let Jerry fire his adopted Son.

4-12 couldnt why would 7-9 or 8-8 do?

He didnt fire him with 3 straight years of no Playoffs and 8-8.

Moral victories is all that matters to Jerry.
well i think jerry is a fan too, he wants cowboys to win a lot of games, get in playoffs, and get past div round.
he desperately would like another SB win.

He just has different ideas on how to make that happen.

last game he said in booth he cant take this anymore, or it looked like he said that so again he is like the fans in that regard.
He just wont do what we would do lol.

JustChip

Reaction score
The Atlanta - Cleveland game was on the road on natural turf. They still should’ve won that game. But they do have issues on the defensive side of the ball, especially against the run, so we can win. I’m just not betting on it.

We will beat the ‘skins. These 2 teams are too evenly matched for either to sweep the series this year. It would be awesome, though, if we go into that game having beaten Atlanta.