Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Post-Game Thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
- Biadasz is a problem. I swear he was the root cause of a disturbing percentage of the offense's bad plays all night long. I don't know much about blocking technique but I have rarely seen a guy get bull rushed as much as him. Stepnoski was much smaller than him and never got blown back like that.

It's a leverage thing. It's hard for centers to stay lower than the DT because they have to snap the ball and then react while the DT is reacting at the snap. The DTs are getting into his body with leverage and pushing him back. He's got to adjust to anchor when they do that without losing balance. The reason he does better on run blocking is because he gets to snap the ball and then fire off it instead of absorbing the DT's momentum. Plus, we are using a lot of doubles, so one of the guards stops the DT's initial momentum, allowing Biadasz to get leverage and use his strength to drive the DT back. Strength is not the issue with him; leverage and anchor are.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think this team is genuinely a superbowl contender. We have our issues, but talentwise, you can see it there and with a brand new defense, these guys will start to play better once they understand Quinn's system and start to play together.

Diggs looks amazing this year and Parsons does too, but one guy that is really impressing me is Kearse. The guy is a sure tackler. It's refreshing to have a big guy back there at safety that can come in and stop guys in their tracks.

The only way we are is if the defense can either a) continue to get turnovers or b) become a dominating unit. Right now, we're not dominating since teams are rolling up a lot of yards against us, but we're getting turnovers. The year Atlanta went to the Super Bowl under Quinn, I'm pretty sure it was one of the top turnover teams. Same for Green Bay's Super Bowl year, I believe.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You are correct sir, Because Garrett wanted Kellen to use his offensive philosophy ( which we all know - how good and how predictable), where as Mike was established as an offensive mind , may be he is teaching some nuances to Kellen who was already sharp.

I think he is. Some want to give Kellen all the credit, but I think this offense is an amalgam.

I always thought it was funny that Linehan took the fall when our offense struggled since he was essentially running a version of Garrett's offense with Garrett's offensive philosophy.

Any time the unit that is the head coach's area of expertise fails, the head coach should get the blame.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It's a leverage thing. It's hard for centers to stay lower than the DT because they have to snap the ball and then react while the DT is reacting at the snap. The DTs are getting into his body with leverage and pushing him back. He's got to adjust to anchor when they do that without losing balance. The reason he does better on run blocking is because he gets to snap the ball and then fire off it instead of absorbing the DT's momentum. Plus, we are using a lot of doubles, so one of the guards stops the DT's initial momentum, allowing Biadasz to get leverage and use his strength to drive the DT back. Strength is not the issue with him; leverage and anchor are.

You might be right, but whatever the specific issue is, bottom line is there's still an issue that needs to be dealt with, and I hope they deal with it soon, he's losing too many battles at the LOS. I'll bet Dak hopes they deal with it soon as well. LOL

Tussinman

Reaction score
"Half the forum wants Tyron Smith gone"?
Sorry should of said "wanted him gone" (my post was referring to past tense).

It's all everyone talked about in October, all the usual overreaction BS ("jerrys too loyal to his players","should of already been traded", "back issues don't ever go away", "will never play a full season again", "becoming sean lee 2.0").

I said it then and i'll say it again, if Tyron comes back and makes NFL top 100/pro bowl those same fans wanting him traded will be the first to run into this forum and claim "he's a hall of fame player of course he came back from adversity" and "we have the best doctors in the business, of course the surgery worked" :rolleyes:

khiladi

Reaction score

Diggs is a stud. LMAO at half this forum wanting Tyron smith gone, he currently has a season average grade of 90.1 which is all-pro level

The Smith surgery in the off-season…. imagine that even at such a high-level of play all these years, the man wasn’t 100%, but now he apparently is close to it…