Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Post-Game Thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The whole team is giving 110% effort. I haven't seen this team play this hard with so much effort and attitude for a long long time.
The difference? Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn. They're fielding a team that's ready to play.

I never understand why fans think players aren't giving 110 percent effort even when they are struggling. There have been plenty of years where the players played hard and with attitude but couldn't overcome their talent and coaching deficiences. The difference in this team isn't effort, it's coaching.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
People like to pile onto a negative. I'm my own person and I don't follow the crowd what-so-ever. He's been here 1 year. Give the guy a full 3 and then judge him.
Agreed. McCarthy so far has turned the Cowboys into an exciting football team to watch for a change. Out of 3 games we've went 2-1, and the 1 loss went right down to the wire against a good team. His detractors need to just cool their jets and give the guy a chance.

Zman5

Reaction score
When is Gallup due back? If Wilson keeps playing like a very solid third receiver and the offense keeps putting up good numbers, I'd consider trading Gallup since he isn't likely to be back next year. Of course, the concern would be if something happened to Cooper, Lamb or Wilson ... so it would take a pretty good offer, which I don't think we'll get with Gallup coming off injury.

I think you have to miss 3 games if you go on IR. He's probably eligible after the Panthers game.

Zman5

Reaction score
Agreed. McCarthy so far has turned the Cowboys into an exciting football team to watch for a change. Out of 3 games we've went 2-1, and the 1 loss went right down to the wire against a good team. His detractors need to just cool their jets and give the guy a chance.

Fact that he has won past 2 games with bunch of starters missing tells me at least he can adjust. Refreshing to see since we couldn't win a game when either Lee or Romo was out with an injury during the JG era.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think you have to miss 3 games if you go on IR. He's probably eligible after the Panthers game.

More of a question of if he's healthy. The initial report on him was 3 to 5 weeks.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

yep,
The Garrett lovers are so angry and jealous that MM is the change. Kellen was not good under Garrett , and that hurts them.

coaching matters.

Skullmiester

Reaction score
Well that was tremendous last night, I could only manage the first 3 quarters before I fell asleep - 3 hours sleep and I'm awake again to begin work. Lots of coffee today to keep me awake. This could be a special season.

T-RO

Reaction score
Agreed. McCarthy so far has turned the Cowboys into an exciting football team to watch for a change.

Coaching has made a big difference but rememeber: McCarthy doesn't do much of that in Dallas. His responsibilities are clock management, inspirational speeches and 4th down decisions, which mostly he sucks at.

The credit goes to Quinn and Moore.

Zman5

Reaction score
Reading other NFCE teams’ forums they all hate to admit it but think the Cowboys are going to win the division.

Funniest post was the Giants fans complaining why they don’t use rub routes like all the other teams. Sound familiar? LOL.

nobody

Reaction score
Reading other NFCE teams’ forums they all hate to admit it but think the Cowboys are going to win the division.

Funniest post was the Giants fans complaining why they don’t use rub routes like all the other teams. Sound familiar? LOL.

Garrett as their OC. Our secret weapon against the Giants.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Remember when people here thought Wentz was better than Dak?
Wentz is better than Dak.......at being a backup qb. I know he is the starter but he still can't stay on the field. He will be out of a job next year. Hurts might be looking also. :laugh:

Jipper

Reaction score

Yes to all that

But he still sucks at clock management

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fact that he has won past 2 games with bunch of starters missing tells me at least he can adjust. Refreshing to see since we couldn't win a game when either Lee or Romo was out with an injury during the JG era.
I doubt McCarthy would have won any games this year without Dak, so the Romo inclusion in your statement is probably a little lopsided. But I agree that MM (or whoever has been making the personnel decisions) does seem to adjust better than JG did. Fir instance, in years past, I don't think they would've moved Parsons. I think they would've left him at LB and just stuffed the next man up into DLaw's spot.