Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Post-Game Thread***

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The good:
- Steele really has played well. I don't think the team is missing Collins much.
- Pollard looked great. Was even getting yards after contact.
- Defensive takeaways are a good thing. I have no idea why Marinelli was afraid of them.
- Dak played very well. Made a few "wow" throws.
- Lots of other names to add here like Schultz, Ceedee, Parsons, etc. That was a dominating win that was a few plays away from being 49-14 or something.

The bad:
- Missed extra point. Special teams continues to be a problem. At least last night it wasn't absolutely terrible.
- The defense kept losing players running crossing routes about 10 yards downfield. I swear, most of Philly's offense was on this particular broken coverage.

The ugly:
- Philadelphia freaking sucks. Their QB made bad decisions and bad throws that hurt the team. Their defense was a joke.
- Biadasz is a problem. I swear he was the root cause of a disturbing percentage of the offense's bad plays all night long. I don't know much about blocking technique but I have rarely seen a guy get bull rushed as much as him. Stepnoski was much smaller than him and never got blown back like that.

fishspill

Reaction score
The Cowboys from last night are legit contenders. I haven’t thought that about this team since the Dez Catch.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
The good:
- Steele really has played well. I don't think the team is missing Collins much.
- Pollard looked great. Was even getting yards after contact.
- Defensive takeaways are a good thing. I have no idea why Marinelli was afraid of them.
- Dak played very well. Made a few "wow" throws.
- Lots of other names to add here like Schultz, Ceedee, Parsons, etc. That was a dominating win that was a few plays away from being 49-14 or something.

The bad:
- Missed extra point. Special teams continues to be a problem. At least last night it wasn't absolutely terrible.
- The defense kept losing players running crossing routes about 10 yards downfield. I swear, most of Philly's offense was on this particular broken coverage.

The ugly:
- Philadelphia freaking sucks. Their QB made bad decisions and bad throws that hurt the team. Their defense was a joke.
- Biadasz is a problem. I swear he was the root cause of a disturbing percentage of the offense's bad plays all night long. I don't know much about blocking technique but I have rarely seen a guy get bull rushed as much as him. Stepnoski was much smaller than him and never got blown back like that.

How can you leave out the two fumbles?!!!

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Kellen didn't look this good under Garrett .

Just saying .
You are correct sir, Because Garrett wanted Kellen to use his offensive philosophy ( which we all know - how good and how predictable), where as Mike was established as an offensive mind , may be he is teaching some nuances to Kellen who was already sharp.

Cowboysfansince60

Reaction score
As you might guess from my user name, I am definitely an old geezer (was at the first preseason game in the Cotton Bowl against Johnny Unitas and the Colts in 1960), and I have not been this excited about the prospects for a season in a long time. Any day that we blow out the Eagles (and look as good doing it as we did yesterday) is a very good day for the Cowboys faithful. Can't wait to see them again next week. Cheers!

kevm3

Reaction score
I think this team is genuinely a superbowl contender. We have our issues, but talentwise, you can see it there and with a brand new defense, these guys will start to play better once they understand Quinn's system and start to play together.

Diggs looks amazing this year and Parsons does too, but one guy that is really impressing me is Kearse. The guy is a sure tackler. It's refreshing to have a big guy back there at safety that can come in and stop guys in their tracks.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Cheesesteak time!

cheesesteak.jpg

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Diggs is a stud. LMAO at half this forum wanting Tyron smith gone, he currently has a season average grade of 90.1 which is all-pro level

"Half the forum wants Tyron Smith gone"? I haven't heard anybody wanting Smith gone for lack of ability. Those who have spoke up in favor of drafting a LT did so based on the fear that Tyron may continue to lose games due to injuries. In recent seasons that has indeed been an issue. If he can stay healthy I don't think many fans would want him gone for any other reason.