Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Post-Game Thread***

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Proud of my boys. That's how a good team treats a bad one. With domination and disdain.

Give Fat Mike credit. He has his team playing like a real contender. If our idiot kicker did his job this team is 3-0 with two wins over good teams, including the defending champions, and complete domination of a division rival.

I'd wrap my arms around a portion of the front of his belly and hug him if I could.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Announcers got it wrong.

It's the Landry Shift, the defense was called the Flex defense.

You're right. Brainfart on my part. Anyway, they've done it for years, even under Garrett, when they get to kneel to run out the clock.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Proud of my boys. That's how a good team treats a bad one. With domination and disdain.

Give Fat Mike credit. He has his team playing like a real contender. If our idiot kicker did his job this team is 3-0 with two wins over good teams, including the defending champions, and complete domination of a division rival.

I'd wrap my arms around a portion of the front of his belly and hug him if I could.

credit where credit is due . :hammer:

Tussinman

Reaction score
This x1000.
Not only that but the narrative has especially aged poorly when you look at the other pro bowl left tackles in the NFC.

Bakhirati got a 20+ million dollar extension in november, gets injured literally weeks later (missed the rest of the season + the playoffs) and is currently on IR for the following season. Terron Armstead isn't even playing, injured for like the 7th time in the last 6 seasons. Williams sat our for a year, made washington eat tons of dead money, and then 49ers had to give up a 2nd + 23 million a year to even get him.

LOL at this fanbase wanting to get rid of Tyron, he's a steal right now

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I love the balanced playcalling on offense and the defense it playing aggressive.
Great point. QB yards mean nothing if you're not dominating and getting victories. 1st game we lose, Dak 400 + yards. Since, Dak under 300 we win both.

We won 3 titles in the 90s because we were lethal at both.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This was a win we expected to win but still, we absolutely dominated them. The only area I really have any complaints is that Biadasz and Williams got mauled a few times in pass protection but they are both still young and they had pretty tough assignments. Overall they did well though. They just got a little inconsistent here and there.

I think Williams is what he is at this point. He's going to get beat by powerful players with some quickness. Too bad he can't snap because I'd like to see if the combo of him at center, where he's generally better protected, and McGovern at guard would be better than Biadasz/Williams. Biadasz has disappointed me so far.

plasticman

Reaction score
Why the constant shots at Garrett? That was the offense he built. You may not like that but it's true.

Garrett didn't succeed, I get that. It's not because he didn't try.

Garrett is an ex-Cowboy player and part of that great 90's team, I think he should be respected for that at the very least.

Let's just enjoy this present team and hope things turn out differently.

khiladi

Reaction score
Best three games stretch by Dak as a Cowboy, TB was his best game to date as a Cowboy IMO, but the Eagles suck and the Chargers game was average, but he made the plays when it counted. The most glaring difference is Moore is paying attention to running of the ball for sustained periods of time, meaning we run it against zone and continue to eat up significant yardage. Like I said, teams generally play man against us, because the RG and OL will dominate.

Not sure if this running is McCarthy’s influence or what.

So can’t complain. It’s too early to tell though if it’s going to be sustained or teams will adjust. If Moore decides to continue on this RG path, we can make real noise.

We tend to start flailing around mid-season so we’ll see.