Game Day ***Cowboys vs Giants post game thread***

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you beat the Badwords to go 3-1 and then you have the Rams and Eagles on deck to bring you back to reality?

Mark

Reaction score
Love the establishment of some sort of equilibrium between the run & pass games tonight, although the former wasn't a particularly flashy 176 yards (with the exception of Pollard's big-gainer). Got the job done, though.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Dorance Armstrong would have had another 2 sack game if not for Kelvin Joseph getting a penalty. Plus he blocked a FG.

This guy is my Amsterdam Vallon.

Looks like the more you get on his case , he is bringing it, may be he reads and care for you Risen

plasticman

Reaction score
This team might have found their identity. Defense with a ball control offense led by a bus-driving QB who can survey the field and act quickly. Rush is a better fit for this but am under no illusion that Dak doesn’t get his job back. I am also not saying Rush is the franchise QB of the future ;)
Call me naive, but I thought that was supposed to be their identity when they decided to start Dak in 2016. it seemed to work well.

Then all of a sudden Dak got thrust into the "elite" debate and the Cowboys obliged by trying to turn him onto one. First Garrett, and then Kellen Moore designed a prolific passing offense regardless of the fact that they had the most dominating O-line when it came to running the ball as well as great RB's so long as they got their carries.

If they were willing to design the same type of gameplan for Dak then they could continue this success all season long. I don't care what he is being paid, in the end he is being paid to win but he has to be placed in the proper system. Trying to turn him into the next Russell Wilson or Drew Brees or whatever was never going to work. You don't try to fix a mistake by forcing the issue in order to look like it wasn't a mistake, that only makes things worse. They need to go back to what worked for them early in Dak's career and I think that is what they did today.

The one difference between the situation is a positive for the team today. Back in 2016 their best defense was the running game in their offense which took time of the clock while the opponent offense was sitting on the bench. Today's defense is legit.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
So because parsons didn't have 2 sacks he was a non factor? Lol he is the catalyst for the pressure. They have to double team/help block on him most of the time. We are not the same defense if he's not on the field. Side note, why can't dak play a controlled game like that. Feel out the momentum of the game and play like that. Not every throw needs to be a home run and it shouldn't be considering this wr group.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

Thanks for posting this, I love the short clips of Big Mike after the games.

I really feel that all 3 seasons he's been here the players really like him. I still think his first season was the most impressive, everything that could go wrong, did. And he held the team together and fought every game.

We don't get to see what he does outside of games and some practices. We have no idea how he acts towards his players every second they are together. I for one this it's obvious by the way they play for him.

Folks can clamor for shiny new head coaches all they want, but as long as we have JJ in charge, Mike is as good as we are gonna get.

And I am ok with that.

mardwin

Reaction score
Coach McCarthy has his team winning games without the starting QB. Say what you will about him, but, his teams compete.

That was the argument for keeping Garrett for a decade but a lot of bone headed mistakes by players (drops, penalties, situacional awareness).

Cmac

Reaction score
Rush made himself some money the last 2 weeks. They probably will offer him a 2 year extension with a nice raise in pay.
......Then the Fan Club will get disbanded. Board doesn't like players getting paid.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL so I'm not not even a fan of the Dallas Cowboys because I want Rush to be the starter? You're right I want Rush to be the starter so it can sabotage the Cowboys because Dak is going to lead us to the promise land.

Or maybe I want more wins?

Or maybe just another Dak hater trying to disguise it.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Or maybe just another Dak hater trying to disguise it.

I was a big fan of Dak in 2016 when we went 13-3, but realized later we had the best oline, best rb and good receiving core at the time. We don't really have any of that now (except the running game) and it does seem Rush might be a better fit for those offense than Dak. After Dez left Dak looked mediocre until we got Amari, now we don't have Amari anymore and he seems to have no rapport with CeeDee. I care about the best interest of the team no matter what, you seem to be a Dak lover more than a Cowboy fan to me. I lurked on the forums when this happened with Dak and Romo and people trashed Dak and said Romo had the job no matter what, you probably were one of them. Just go with whatevers popular.

I am not saying Rush is Peyton Manning but I would see what we got with him but inevitably he will be benched we'll probably lose the division to the Eagles and Rush will go to another team and we'll never really get to find out what we had. We won't sniff the NFC Championship game and people like you will be content somehow. Never be happy with mediocrity. Loyalty should only go as far as how far a player will take you. You must think we'll win a Super Bowl with Dak I do not. Even Jerry told Dak after paying him 40 mil at the press conference "I overpaid you" sometimes Jerry is right.

Last edited: