Game Day ***Cowboys vs Giants Post Game Thread***

pansophy

Reaction score
Listening to postgame on 105.3. Dude calls in, waits to get on the show, and why did he call? He wanted to complain about getting to the 3 yard line having to kick a field goal - on the first possession the first stringers played this season. He went on a mini rant about it, after a 40-0 win.

I'm glad I'm not him. If you watch 40-0 and that's what you want to talk about, find another hobby. Following this team will only frustrate you.
Still I don't get why McCarthy won't put 1st stringers out in preseason for at least a series. Something. Fortunate that the offense got to find its bearings tonight. Wet conditions didn't help, but we weren't very efficient.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just a phenomenal effort by the defense tonight. Other than that first drive they had their foot on their necesita all night. Offense definitely needed this game as a tune up. TEs had a rough game but will get better. Not every game will be in a monsoon. Pollard looks like he did last year so that's a good sign. O line and WRs did a great job as well.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Glad to see Dak admit he doesn't know why he got the ball. Not that he did bad but he wasn't why we won at all.
I agree. I can kind of understand with Pollard since he did score two TDs, but all game balls should have gone to that defensive dominance.

Praxit

Reaction score
Hendershot also dropped a TD. Ferg dropped a third down pass that they had to settle for a field goal. Dak was fine playing in a rainy game. A few drops kept him from having better stats. No bad throws that made you shake your head and ask what was he thinking. Dak was fine tonight have zero complaints on him.
..yep, wasnt a night for TE's. Luckily, SP and defense with rain, helped bailing them out.

pansophy

Reaction score
I agree. I can kind of understand with Pollard since he did score two TDs, but all game balls should have gone to that defensive dominance.
They wanted to interview Dak for ratings -- that's all it was IMO.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Marquese Bell is a really good player… and when I say he brings the lumber when he arrives at the ball carrier… I am probably understating things. He is a load and hits like a LB. Good Lord he gets there fast and in a bad mood.
Both him and Thomas got some snaps and played like they belonged.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I think they will definitely take credit away from Dallas because the Giants were unbelievably bad and it is probably deserved but we still handled business, so who cares?....It's a good sign if we can destroy obviously inferior teams.
Some pundits including Courtney Cronin (ESPN) picked the Giants to finish better than us. :laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Listening to postgame on 105.3. Dude calls in, waits to get on the show, and why did he call? He wanted to complain about getting to the 3 yard line having to kick a field goal - on the first possession the first stringers played this season. He went on a mini rant about it, after a 40-0 win.

I'm glad I'm not him. If you watch 40-0 and that's what you want to talk about, find another hobby. Following this team will only frustrate you.
Welcome to The Cowboyzone.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
A negative would be Deuce usage. Not a single snap until late in the 2nd half with the game out of hand. Wasting carries on stiffs like Dowdle and Turpin.

I mean, everything else besides the QB was fantastic but that disappointed me. Deuce should have a package for him that has him on the field in all quarters.
:hammer: