Game Day ***Cowboys vs Giants Post Game Thread***

zeke21

Reaction score
That was glorious to watch and a perfect start to the season. However if you want to view it through a more technical lens:
- Run defence looked shaky against that first drive. We got a 'lucky' penalty and then NY took a time out. We adjusted and forced the FG attempt. Without the penalty, NY looked certain for a (relatively) easy TD.
- The blocked FG was huge and clearly swung momentum
- The defence in the second series looked much better and the turnover TD seemed to settle the nerves.
- Offence looked quite lacklustre. Hard to judge as they had limited opportunities but looked sloppy in the first quarter
- Our kicking is still an issue
- If we can get 'ahead' in games and force the oppo into passing situations.. Game Over. Our pass rush is legit
- Our secondary looked solid and they are helping with the pass rush by giving great coverage
- Gilmore looked a step slow on crossing routes but was locked in on vertical routes and reading QB
- LVE didn't have a lot to do but looked very aggressive at the line
- Our defence just put the entire league on notice.
- Dak wasn't asked to do a lot and that is a great thing for this team
- I think we still rely on our TEs too much and that could be a concern
- Pollard looked good and seems to have a few other runners that can rotate. I think we will have a pretty strong running game this season.
- CeeDee is looking at another big season. Has big play potential on every level.

I thought Mazi looked overwhelmed early and gassed but he is one for the future. Team looks hungry and focussed. If the Defence brings that energy every game.. going to be hard to stop. Go Cowboys!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Great job all around given the conditions and love the shutout. Let's do the same next week at home which I expect to have better conditions. Hopefully O has shaken the rust off. Good play calling given the conditions. Go Cowboys!!!!
Gonna be a little tougher against the Jets, probably.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
As the adrenaline wears off ... this offense should have done so much better.

I'm gonna chalk it up to the weather and that the starters didn't really do much in pre-season games so...

6/13 on 3rd down.

122yds rushing

TEs had 3 key drops. Wish WRs had gotten open more.

But, I'll give this game a pass. next week should be more of a challenge. I hope they step up

rambo2

Reaction score
The game was over at the half at 26-0 and the QB had 70 yards passing and a 50% completion percentage.

Good talk.

Take your time getting the face point off. That can burn the eyes.
You should just shut up sometime You do post a lot good stuff too.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was glorious to watch and a perfect start to the season. However if you want to view it through a more technical lens:
- Run defence looked shaky against that first drive. We got a 'lucky' penalty and then NY took a time out. We adjusted and forced the FG attempt. Without the penalty, NY looked certain for a (relatively) easy TD.
- The blocked FG was huge and clearly swung momentum
- The defence in the second series looked much better and the turnover TD seemed to settle the nerves.
- Offence looked quite lacklustre. Hard to judge as they had limited opportunities but looked sloppy in the first quarter
- Our kicking is still an issue
- If we can get 'ahead' in games and force the oppo into passing situations.. Game Over. Our pass rush is legit
- Our secondary looked solid and they are helping with the pass rush by giving great coverage
- Gilmore looked a step slow on crossing routes but was locked in on vertical routes and reading QB
- LVE didn't have a lot to do but looked very aggressive at the line
- Our defence just put the entire league on notice.
- Dak wasn't asked to do a lot and that is a great thing for this team
- I think we still rely on our TEs too much and that could be a concern
- Pollard looked good and seems to have a few other runners that can rotate. I think we will have a pretty strong running game this season.
- CeeDee is looking at another big season. Has big play potential on every level.

I thought Mazi looked overwhelmed early and gassed but he is one for the future. Team looks hungry and focussed. If the Defence brings that energy every game.. going to be hard to stop. Go Cowboys!
Defense and St”s did enough so that the offense did not have to put it on their shoulders.
And that is great.

Motorola

Reaction score
I guess we’ll know more after tomorrow night, but I don’t buy the Jets. I‘ve posted earlier, the NFCE will win at least 10 of 16 vs. the AFCE. The Giants notwithstanding this evening, the NFC East is a tough division.
NFC went 4-0 in the four interconference mattchups in week 1____
Lions over Chiefs
Forty-Niners over Steelers
Saints over Titans
Eagles over Patriots
Three of rhe four wins were on the road.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This was the worst beating I have seen since the Bears and the 46 defense came to Dallas and destroyed the Cowboys 44-0.

Three things that stood out to me this game.
1. Our defense is trying to be an all time great defense. It is devastating and scary good. I was scared for Jones tonight.
2. The Cowboys got rid of the dummies. No more Bossman types who do stupid stuff.
3. MM is in full control of this team. He not going to throw the football for a show. Let Jerry be the show. This team is on a mission.
I have to admit, I blamed Joseph for the unnecessary roughness penalty. For a few minutes I'd forgotten that he was gone and Kearse took his jersey.
:muttley: