Game Day ***Cowboys vs Jaguars Postgame thread***

75boyz

Reaction score
Probably the dumbest post of the day and that is saying something.
If you are still thinking McCarthy is some kind of savior after last year and the way things are looking now, then you are the one that failed Football 101.

Don't worry about it man.
Lawrence had one starting OL in Taylor in front of him.
So that leaves 4 number 2 o linemen starting.
Lost his number one starting RB for the year.
DJ Chark and Marvin Jones are the starting outside WRs.
Laviska Shenault is a starting slot guy. That's it.

So yeah,
The whole THEIR starter vs. Cowboy backups is BS.

Gonna be even more fun when Quinn's starting defense actually does its job and this guy is confused over why his Dallas Prescotts can't score 40 per game like he thinks and blames everything but the QBs performance.

PrescottZone at its finest, lol.

Shane612

Reaction score
Kinda funny to see everyone trying to find a silver lining to another ho-hum display of mediocrity.
I think, in the regular season, the offense will be okay.
But that defense is worrisome.

terra

Reaction score
Well your post just topped it. It’s preseason games. You don’t judge a HC on preseason games.
I know you like to play stupid but what part of adding in last year did you miss?

Mannix

Reaction score
Two things about Fat Mike.

1) He's from Greenfield Avenue Pittsburgh, Pa. 15217

2) He's a next level thinker. He's not going to put anything on film right now that an opponent can use.

The Bucs are getting punched in the mouth on September 9.

2b) He pulled off a most excellent con job on both Booger and Chuckles

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys get so worked up over a preseason game. Especially when its starters against back ups and no one game plans lol
I'll say it again. Preseason games are more than just tryouts for the last ten spots of the roster.

A dress rehearsal is not just important to the cast. The crew needs it too. Do the Cowboys look like a sharp team?

Carson

Reaction score
NFC East in preseason

Dallas 0-4
New York 0-3
Philadelphia 0-2-1
Washington 1-2

overall pretty bad

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'll say it again. Preseason games are more than just tryouts for the last ten spots of the roster.

A dress rehearsal is not just important to the cast. The crew needs it too. Do the Cowboys look like a sharp team?
The team that will start against the Bucs haven’t played yet.

shabazz

Reaction score
Kinda funny to see everyone trying to find a silver lining to another ho-hum display of mediocrity.
I think, in the regular season, the offense will be okay.
But that defense is worrisome.

Best avatar I’ve seen in a while. The Gargantuas kept it 100

shabazz

Reaction score

Your not wrong. Same lack of intensity, same failings at the fundamentals of the game. Injured “franchise” quarterback that can even play one down in the offseason.

I just don’t visit this forum enough to catch a case of delusion so I remain skeptical about their chances of success. 7 wins at best

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Afc kicked the he'll out of the nfc this preseason ....pretty lopsided

Well, Jacksonville starters/top backups vs. our backups should be pretty lopsided. We didn't even play all of our backups. At receiver, we sat Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson in addition to the starter. We sat our swing tackle Nsekhe. We sat our second-team running back Pollard. On defense, we didn't even play our backup defensive ends, Basham (may be still hurt) and Armstrong.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Well, Jacksonville starters/top backups vs. our backups should be pretty lopsided. We didn't even play all of our backups. At receiver, we sat Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson in addition to the starter. We sat our swing tackle Nsekhe. We sat our second-team running back Pollard. On defense, we didn't even play our backup defensive ends, Basham (may be still hurt) and Armstrong.
.......vet life, baby.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
NFC East in preseason

Dallas 0-4
New York 0-3
Philadelphia 0-2-1
Washington 1-2

overall pretty bad

So I had to check the standings in the pre-season....so we had the worst pre-season of anybody...going 0-4. :laugh:

Hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

Strangely....a lot of teams went winless....

Rams
Falcons
Packers
Lions
Vikings
Giants
Eagles

And 8 teams went undefeated...... Weird:rolleyes:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm not going to call for McCarthy to be fired after the preseason. Additionally, I gave Garrett 3 years before I called for his firing, so I'm going to give McCarthy that same latitude. However, if we don't make the playoffs this year, then those posts might start coming from me next year....and then wondering how exactly we can get a worthwhile coach on this team since I'd be calling for another coach....