Game Day *** Cowboys vs Jets pregame thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if our new OTs get any help if needed.

I'm surprised we are more comfortable starting an undrafted rookie...rather than shuffling the O-line. I think If it was me...I'd roll w/ this line up.

LT-C. Willams
LG-Filo
C-Fred
RT-Martin
RT-Flemming

MikeB80

Reaction score
Kristi Scales just said austin will be the one replacing cobb today. She also said Wilson is active over smith because wilson practices at the same spot as cobb.

She just mentioned that crawford is not 100% and may not play that many snaps just like he did last week, 23 snaps.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kristi Scales just said austin will be the one replacing cobb today. She also said Wilson is active over smith because wilson practices at the same spot as cobb.

She just mentioned that crawford is not 100% and may not play that many snaps just like he did last week, 23 snaps.

But they'll continue to activate Crawford over other healthy players.

This Dude does not abide.
:thumbdown:

MikeB80

Reaction score
This staff's belief/faith in Crawford is baffling.

It's also another sad statement about Trysten Hill.

agree on hill. Crawford is a good player when healthy. Not an all pro but neither are many good players in the league.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
agree on hill. Crawford is a good player when healthy.

Crawford has helped with the interior pass rush rotation, which is weak.

Given his hip surgery and chronic hip bursitis, I expect him to be less effective this year. We should have moved on and spent his cap hit on someone else.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm surprised we are more comfortable starting an undrafted rookie...rather than shuffling the O-line. I think If it was me...I'd roll w/ this line up.

LT-C. Willams
LG-Filo
C-Fred
RT-Martin
RT-Fleming

That would have been more viable if we had made a point to practice Williams at LT more. We barely gave him snaps at RT. I don't recall ever hearing about him practice at LT for the last couple of years.

Probably after the Chaz Green fiasco, they're going to be averse to flipping olinemen around.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Crawford has helped with the interior pass rush rotation, which is weak.

Given his hip surgery and chronic hip bursitis, I expect him to be less effective this year. We should have moved on and spent his cap hit on someone else.

His money would have been on the cap this year whether he is he or not wouldn't it?

Zordon

Reaction score

LT-C. Willams
LG-Filo
C-Fred
RT-Martin
RT-Flemming
But the UDFA played much much better than Camron the turnstile Flemming.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His money would have been on the cap this year whether he is he or not wouldn't it?

No, cutting him would have saved $6 million this year, and whatever he's due in salary next year of course.

To say nothing of this team passing on quality defensive tackles that did come available, like Gerald McCoy.

Creeper

Reaction score
I the Cowboys lose today, they will beat Philly next week. Why? Because that's the Cowboys.

But, if they do lose today, and even the Cowboys writers at DallasCowboys.com seem worried they will, then Jerry has to seriously consider firing The Clapping Carrot.

Status
Not open for further replies.