Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions Post Game thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
BS…..how? 70 reported eligible nd they announced him.
  1. only one lineman per play is allowed to report, so 68 was out of it.
  2. 70 covered up 68 instead of being off the line.
Like us at various times, the Lions blew it with mental errors on a play that may have worked, but if they’d done it correctly, we may have covered 68 the way we covered 70
True. If the defense knows the rules, which it should, it isn't expecting 68 to run a route because he isn't eligible. Now, I don't know if they would have recognized that he was eligible if he hadn't been covered up, but defenders should be able to recognize when a lineman is in a blocking position and when he's in a receiving one.

Gambit

Reaction score
It's been a rule for a long time. Change it now because we did it?
It was stated it's on the agenda to address this rule in off-season. This suggests to me it had zero to do with tonights game.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy's decision to call a pass play on 2nd down, especially considering the Lions had only one timeout left, was a tactical misstep. In that situation, a running play would have been more prudent, potentially shaving off an additional 45 seconds from the clock. Essentially, the game could have concluded within two snaps. This incident underscores a recurring issue with McCarthy's clock management skills. It's not the first time this year that such decisions have nearly cost us a game. It's imperative for McCarthy to address and address his clock managements shortcomings. Just a terrible call along with Dan Quin playing prevent defense with the middle of the field wide open.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not sure if the questions were over or if Campbell just walked off the podium pissed. LOL

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Plus dak has to figure out how to connect with cooks on the deep ball. he's open every week. also we need to stay healthy on the line to rebuild chemistry.

ps I meant run stopping lb er.
I will just say this. I have seen Dak overthrow Cooks before when he should have put more air under it. Tonight’s overthrow was fine with me. The safety was closing from the inside fast and was right on Cooks when the ball sailed over his head. Dak couldn’t put more air under that throw, in my opinion. It had to get in there before that safety got there to pick it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dan Campbell lost them the game. He should have took the extra point and took it to ot

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
This soft zone stuff. They had no timeouts left on the last drive so the thought process was to play back, keep them in the field of play so they can keep the clock rolling? We literally just let them go right down the field. Boggles my mind.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Campbell just said in post game that two players can’t both report as eligible. 70 reported first so 68 couldn’t report.

Clear enough now but I don’t know if many people think of that.
Good for him to admit it.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
So my guess is the refs screwed up and announced only #70 as eligible and the Lions didn’t catch when they announced it.

Either way that’s two weeks in a row the defense folded in the end. Plus whoever called that deep pass on second down is a moron.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Why was the ref running away when they were reporting? Was he trying to clock the play? Is there a time limit to report or a limit to the number of reporting players? Usually when a player reports as eligible, the ref will announce it before the play. It was very awkward.

This gives me bad vibes like that playoff win against the Lions, when we were not called for a penalty then we lost to GB in the no catch.

CWR

Reaction score
They didn't give ticky tack PI calls all night for the most part. Well called game.
I totally agree. They let them play. That one wasn't really ticky tack though imo. Whatever, I won't apologize because we are usually on the losing end of officiating.