Game Day ***Cowboys vs Lions Post Game thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Again, hendershot didn’t trip anybody

The lions DE tries to trip Pollard. And the official throws the flag on Dallas
Did they show a replay of that? I know Hendershot looked upset about the call.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I know our OL is trying and not lazy, but they looked disinterested tonight, which I know isn’t true. In this season where OLs are hustling and pushing their RBs 5 extra yards, on those tough runs up the middle when Pollard was having his only success nd driving his legs, our OL, including Zach Martin, were doing exactly what they were doing on the tackles behind the line…standing there watching. No one played till the whistle; no one was looking for someone to hit when they missed a block, simple HS stuff. On one run that Pollard kept alive and even the announcers commented on his leg drive as he picked up 3-4 extra yards, the OL just stood there watching till he was stopped. Not one guy ran up there to push or help him. Sad.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Philly is in the crosshairs . They been struggling handling the front runner pressure. Cards might beat them.

BigD5

Reaction score
Bottom line is the Lions tried to be sneaky and trick Dallas into not knowing who can run out for a pass. I’ve never seen when a LT can line up and just run out for a pass in my lifetime. And then Detroit got caught being sneaky

Also if they call the tripping on Detroit and NOT hendershot. It’s 1st and 10 on the 17 yard line. So who really got robbed here?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
At that point it isn’t about trusting anything. It’s about getting the clock to as little time as possible when the Lions get there ball back.

And even if they want to put it away, as MM claims, you don’t need a bomb, just a first down. I’m actually ok with passes if they are the super high percentage variety which are basically running plays disguised as passes.
I agree and I think he should have tried to run the ball but the Cowboys haven't had much luck running out the clock. It's going to cost us in the future.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Going for the kill shot 3 times, I like it personally and I think this brings the team together that they trust the head coach to put the ball in their hands to win the game.
He has some Jimmy in him, no doubt. Aggressive as hell, and until that point all at the right time. But that was one of the moments when he had to be the leader and realize what was best for the win.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m torn. The defender makes the good play; the offensive player makes the bad play by not protecting the ball. Why change the rule to reward the player who fumbled instead of rewarding the player who made the great play?
The rule has nothing to do with whether a defender makes a play or not. Offensive player loses control. Ball goes out of bounds.
Ball should go back to last point of possession whether the ball bounces into the end zone or not.
Did the defender make such a better play if the ball goes forward a foot instead of backward a foot? If anything, the ball going forward means the defender made less of a play.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
espn is about to lose there lunch over that call on the lions they wanted dallas to lose so bad
Honestly....I can't blame them. How many more times do we need to see an official screw something up before the league admits there is a problem? Every week it's something....As a fan...I just want to see an unbiased...impartial crew that can do the job....competently

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He’s a winner he went for it. His players will cry with him. They’ll run through a wall for him.
I don’t see that with McCarthy
I'd have to look at the numbers, but I liked going for it. Especially away.

Your team just scored. You have the mo. Defense is dejected. Hit em again while they're reeling.