Game Day ***Cowboys vs Packers Post Game Thread***

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The cracks really became apparent during the Buffalo game and remained through the Lions game. The only dawgs the Cowboys have are stupid players who get penalties at the worst moments of games.

mldardy

Reaction score
The big difference being the Cowboys were out of this game in the 1st Q.
There is no big difference. My point is that we have a pattern of falling behind early in home playoff games and don't recover. Being out of the game isn't really the point here. You have to set the tone early in the playoffs or you are in trouble.

CWR

Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I cared less about a loss. Maybe I'm finally moving on
All old Cowboy fans of the last 30 years seem to take that path. I've known quite a few that have lost interest, or at least aren't heavily involved. This loss has to be one of the worst in a long time. There is no reason for hope right now. We had everything there for the taking and got bludgeoned by a 9-8 team. This current team just isnt good enough. If it's not being blown up I can't see much point.

mldardy

Reaction score
Ruined my day I am ashamed to say. Feels the same as when I played ball and lost. Gutted but for some reason looking forward to August.
This is what hurts the most. Fans like us have to swallow that embarrassment.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything lined up just right and we still did this. Every aspect of the Cowboys was trash today. Offense, defense and special teams. No point in blaming any one player the way this board will. It was a head-to-toe crap show. Nothing good happened out there. Everything was terrible. What happened? 48 points at home when we haven't lost a home game in 16 games? Where was the pass rush? Where was the coverage? Why didn't we cover the tight end? Where were the defensive turnovers? We ran into a return man. We missed an extra point. Onside kicks were putrid. Now for the offense. What. in. the. hell. was. that? Dak couldn't find his own receivers, but he had no trouble throwing to the Packers. The receivers got virtually no separation. The odd thing is that O-line blocked decently, but we still couldn't get anything going. When Gallup is your best receiver, you know something is wrong. Fergie was great and Pollard looked pretty good, but we had no reason to run the ball, trailing by so much. Mike McCarthy, Dan Quinn, Bones Fassel. Trash. Trash. Trash. I am so pissed, yet I'm in shock. Can you be numb and angry at the same time? The worst loss in my 45 year fandom. Everything lined up just right and we still did this.
Thank you. I am personally speechless.

Surfguy

Reaction score
When did you start to realize the game wasn't going to go well? It was the initial drive when we seemingly stopped them on 3rd down only to have an illegal contact by the defense to extend the drive. That moment was like deja f-ing vu.