Game Day ***Cowboys vs Panthers post game thread***

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I don't know McCarthy and have no opinion of him as a person. I don't like a LOT of his coaching decisions. I'm not alone in that regard.

We won and of course I'm ecstatic. Doesn't mean everything was perfect in the game. C'mon, can you be that simple that everything was perfect because we won and nothing is done well when we lose?

When we win, I'll agree we didn't do enough bad things to lose, and when we lose we didn't do enough good thing to lose. But it's not all or nothin to me.
The decision to not accept the penalty was insane. He also messed up the timeout last game which seems insane for a coach who has been in the league for a long as he has

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, SB contenders..

Which team in the NFL can rely on the run like we can? The only question we had is, can the coaching staff use it consistently and stick with it when they need too. They have shown from the SD game onwards, they do.

If this is a MM influence, than it’s much bigger overall for us than his brain-fart time-management flaws.

Western

Reaction score
At this point of the season, Diggs should be considered a top contender for NFL defensive player of the year.
He is like Ed Reed.
If the football is in his vicinity--interceptions will happen.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don't know McCarthy and have no opinion of him as a person. I don't like a LOT of his coaching decisions. I'm not alone in that regard.

We won and of course I'm ecstatic. Doesn't mean everything was perfect in the game. C'mon, can you be that simple that everything was perfect because we won and nothing is done well when we lose?

When we win, I'll agree we didn't do enough bad things to lose, and when we lose we didn't do enough good thing to lose. But it's not all or nothin to me.
i never said it was perfect.
but if you can't see how better and tougher this team is under mccarthy then im not gonna argue with you.
for me...all that matters is we won.
and he gets credit for that.
under garrett...kellen moore as a play-caller looked more like a carbon copy of linehan.
since mccarthy became hc.....he is much more creative and aggressive.
mccarthy took the shakles off.
we always wanted a defense that was multiple...get pressures...and make plays on the ball.
mccarthy said it from day 1 what he wanted on defense.
we have turned the corner to better days.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, I couldn't watch the game (wasn't broadcast in our area), but was able to track progress on-line.

Quick assessment:
  • Sacks -- check
  • More balanced offense -- check
  • Zeke breaks a long run -- check
  • More turnovers -- check
  • And, most importantly, a win -- check
Seems pretty good to me.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Panthers are a solid team with good coaching...this was a quality win! I'm glad the final score was close, the defense doesn't need bogus points/game stats to boost their rankings

khiladi

Reaction score
At this point of the season, Diggs should be considered a top contender for NFL defensive player of the year.
He is like Ed Reed.
If the football is in his vicinity--interceptions will happen.

Part of the credit is the DL and the pressure.. It’s allowing Diggs to play aggressive coverage in those situations he is making these INTs.

His INT over the middle, that was just pure beauty..

Buzzbait

Reaction score
A lot of negativity here with this game. I'm happy with the win because it came off of a short week against a 3-0 team with 10 days to prepare. After an emotion dump domination of a division rival.

It's a 17 game journey with highs and lows.

Yup, but with some there are no highs, they're all lows. o_O

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I said it in the game thread, and I'll say it again here.
We are ahead of where we all thought we would be. Maybe not win totals right now. But defensively for sure, and the offense is what we thought it would be.
Wait until we get all our injured/covid ayers back.
We will be a deep roster much better for the second half of the season than the front half.
The arrow is definitely pointing up.
But the suspect coaching decisions every game so far - are troubling to say the least !
When we get into the big dance at the end of the year, we can't have these screw up.
That is why I feel everyone is salty - we have a team with real potential, but game management IS very suspect.
Living in the moment tho, good win. Go Cowboys !

TheHerd

Reaction score
i never said it was perfect.
but if you can't see how better and tougher this team is under mccarthy then im not gonna argue with you.
for me...all that matters is we won.
and he gets credit for that.
under garrett...kellen moore as a play-caller looked more like a carbon copy of linehan.
since mccarthy became hc.....he is much more creative and aggressive.
mccarthy took the shakles off.
we always wanted a defense that was multiple...get pressures...and make plays on the ball.
mccarthy said it from day 1 what he wanted on defense.
we have turned the corner to better days.
I agree with every point you made.

This team is different and I love the attitude and what he's done with the team overall. I fine him fill credit for a pretty quick turnaround. I just want to see less game day head scratchers.

Cmac

Reaction score
McCarthy is kind of the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL head coaching fraternity. No respect at all.

Nothing would please me more than to see him hoist another Lombardi in their smug, arrogant faces.
Unfortunately, McCarthy sort of helps that cause, at times.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I agree with every point you made.

This team is different and I love the attitude and what he's done with the team overall. I fine him fill credit for a pretty quick turnaround. I just want to see less game day head scratchers.
i didnt like the no time out stuff either.
but it worked.
as for diggs...i think the announcers are screwing this up.
"player management" doesn't mean a breather...its a way of saying he's hurt w/out going into details.
but don't confuse my positivity with blindness.
its not perfect.
im just accentuating the positive.
thats all.

TheHerd

Reaction score
i didnt like the no time out stuff either.
but it worked.
as for diggs...i think the announcers are screwing this up.
"player management" doesn't mean a breather...its a way of saying he's hurt w/out going into details.
but don't confuse my positivity with blindness.
its not perfect.
im just accentuating the positive.
thats all.
It does look like Diggs had something wrong, and in that case I 100% love not risking him.

I do tend to look at the negative and search for perfection, which is not a great thing in a lot of cases.

cowboyec

Reaction score
that dominant 3rd Qtr performance was a thing of beauty.
its been a long time since we came out...vs a good team...and said...
☆E☆N☆O☆U☆G☆H☆.
this whole game ended..right there.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This place now goes into meltdown after every game, win or lose. :muttley:

Some guys had a meltdown over Diggs sitting out, so they were calling the coaches names for that. MM was all kinds of stupid for that till we discovered they were holding Diggs out for stiffness in his back.

Last edited:

TheHerd

Reaction score
we both want the same thing.
:starspin:#6:starspin:
Absolutely!

BTW, thanks for the civil discussion and staying with your argument. It's rare I can exchange thoughts on this forum when I disagree with someone and not have it turn into a middle school pissing contest.