Game Day ***Cowboys vs Panthers post game thread***

Buzzbait

Reaction score
So, I couldn't watch the game (wasn't broadcast in our area), but was able to track progress on-line.

Quick assessment:
  • Sacks -- check
  • More balanced offense -- check
  • Zeke breaks a long run -- check
  • More turnovers -- check
  • And, most importantly, a win -- check
Seems pretty good to me.

And 36 points -- check

75boyz

Reaction score
Again, SB contenders..

Which team in the NFL can rely on the run like we can? The only question we had is, can the coaching staff use it consistently and stick with it when they need too. They have shown from the SD game onwards, they do.

If this is a MM influence, than it’s much bigger overall for us than his brain-fart time-management flaws.

Although I highly doubt McCarthy is the influence of this new return to 2016 dominance offensive balance, I will definitely take the dub.

A couple or 3 on this board mentioned how a resurgence of a healthy oline could go a long way in determining wins and losses.

The offense is doing the whole power run, down hill punishing run game while killing them with play action chunk plays when the defense attempts to cheat up.

A nasty pick your poison balance that resulted in 13 regular season wins in 2016.

IF this Oline continues to dominate and Moore continues to call this balanced blend of power and play action, they will be a hard offense to stop.

Its all about the O line. It has been from the start.
They have literally dominated the last 2 games like they did 5 years ago.

Keep it up oline, Moore and Philbin.

And to answer your question, again, I truly doubt if McCarthy has any influence on the new found success in power running.

jmo

RonWashington

Reaction score
DQ must have gone into halftime locker room thinking Sam Darnold looked much too comfortable . Micah played the second half much closer to the line of scrimmage and got a nice sack . The two rookie lineman drafted had rally nice games and I’ll pay Jaylon a compliment when warranted I thought this might have been his best game this year.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
So, I couldn't watch the game (wasn't broadcast in our area), but was able to track progress on-line.

Quick assessment:
  • Sacks -- check
  • More balanced offense -- check
  • Zeke breaks a long run -- check
  • More turnovers -- check
  • And, most importantly, a win -- check
Seems pretty good to me.
If you just go by the mood in here you would have thought we lost if you didn’t watch the game

RonWashington

Reaction score
They're beeching about the ref's and missing CMC. They think CMC would have made their o'line better today.

What’s with big Mike and some of these in game decisions. No way Zekes plow into the line gets overturned and he is given the first down so that’s a time out thrown in the garbage and some of these 2 point conversion decisions are bizarre. Your up now 26-14 mid 3rd quarter take the extra point go up 27-13 why mess around.

That point lost is the difference between an 8 or 9 point lead at the end. Last but not least in half one major penalties that would really back Carolina up he tells the refs nah that’s ok we decline the penalties. . Huh

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This board is insane. I had to watch what they showed on RedZone, and use the game day thread to keep up, when there were no big plays or scoring threats. The way posters were griping, the whole 4th quarter I thought I missed the Panthers scoring like 3 TDs. People were declaring MM to be the worst coach in the league - meanwhile we're still up by 15 points.
:huh:

khiladi

Reaction score
Although I highly doubt McCarthy is the influence of this new return to 2016 dominance offensive balance, I will definitely take the dub.

A couple or 3 on this board mentioned how a resurgence of a healthy oline could go a long way in determining wins and losses.

The offense is doing the whole power run, down hill punishing run game while killing them with play action chunk plays when the defense attempts to cheat up.

A nasty pick your poison balance that resulted in 13 regular season wins in 2016.

IF this Oline continues to dominate and Moore continues to call this balanced blend of power and play action, they will be a hard offense to stop.

Its all about the O line. It has been from the start.
They have literally dominated the last 2 games like they did 5 years ago.

Keep it up oline, Moore and Philbin.

And to answer your question, again, I truly doubt if McCarthy has any influence on the new found success in power running.

jmo

I went back and looked at MM’s career and like you, I just don’t see anything from his historical record to say it is because of MM.

I remember Linehan falling back on the run multiple times while coaching here, we just didn’t have the WR talent we have now on the outside. So Moore maybe is just going back to what he learned from Linehan. If one goes back to the Giants game last year, when Dalton came on after Dak got hurt, it was actually Moore going heavy run that turned the game, whether Dak or Dalton was in.

2016, I don’t even think can match this team, because Dez can’t beat anybody one on one consistently like Amari. Dez is the type of guy you got to throw it to and let him make a play. We’ve got so much WR talent to exploit the outside matchups, defenses are in a pick your poison mode. Dak has obviously grown in this offense, but IMO, any good QB would have been exploiting defenses like this years ago.

Like you said, I feel like what we got going is a real formula for success.

khiladi

Reaction score
The 92-93 Cowboys had. a different pulse that the rest of the league, primarily because they were young and aggressive and hungry, flying to the ball when you saw them play, with a mid-career veterans in the skill positions. Everybody was focused on the 49ers, but you could tell something was different with us. I haven’t felt that way, until today, especially with Diggs play the last two games. Diggs exemplifies that dawg attitude we used to have.

For those that didn’t experience that season, this is the closest I feel we’ve come to that pulse overall.

I’m not sure we can win against good teams on the road consistently yet, SD being an example where they didn’t punt and their QB could throw dimes against our zones, but with the way we fall back on the run when we need to, it feels different. We’ve gone three games where we blended the run game with our passing game when we needed too.

Carson

Reaction score
Any injured guys expected back? I know Neal and Anae should be back

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2 sack game for Randy
2 int game for Diggs
Osa wrecking things in the middle
Parsons lines up everywhere

Plenty of things to clean up but still an outstanding performance by the defense. Nothing but positive.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Any injured guys expected back? I know Neal and Anae should be back
Curious to see if they wait till after the bye week to bring Gallup and Gallimore back (2 more fairly easy games left then a rest week)

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This board is insane. I had to watch what they showed on RedZone, and use the game day thread to keep up, when there were no big plays or scoring threats. The way posters were griping, the whole 4th quarter I thought I missed the Panthers scoring like 3 TDs. People were declaring MM to be the worst coach in the league - meanwhile we're still up by 15 points.
:huh:
The microscope lenses are too close.

Eddie

Reaction score
Good win. I had to take a nap at the start of the 3rd quarter because I was dead on my feet. But the highlights were enjoyable to watch.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Just in case anyone's wondering who to root for in the Pittsburgh/GB game.

In the regular season always root for Pittsburgh. If it were the super bowl root for a earthquake/tsunami or a meteor.