Game Day ***Cowboys vs Patriots Pre-Game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitt33

Reaction score
I was at that game in 1996 in Texas Stadium!! I fell down a hill walking to the stadium and had to go to their first aid station! Still have the scar on my knee!! It was all worth it since we won!! Good times!! :D
Too many beers will do that

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It also helps us if the Dolphins win this one. Eagles own their #1 pick.

Yeah we need Miami to pull this one out. I do have to chuckle watching Lawrence struggle against a secondary missing both starting corners. How many geniuses on this site wanted us to tank and try to make a deal to draft that dude? He may develop into a great QB but it's going to take some time. We would be wasting a stacked roster waitin on him if we had followed that plan.. We already have our great QB.. and we have him for the next decade. And we probably picked up the best defensive player in the draft along the way!! Maybe the Jones boys aint as stupid as they're often made out to be.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Miami just got worked by the refs again on that third down spot. They did not give the receiver the reach and marked the ball where his feet went out of bounds. Then their backside blockers let the 4th down run get blown up. That might cost them the game.

lopey

Reaction score
Miami just got worked by the refs again on that third down spot. They did not give the receiver the reach and marked the ball where his feet went out of bounds. Then their backside blockers let the 4th down run get blown up. That might cost them the game.
It did cost them the game

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It did cost them the game

Yeah I thought not giving the receiver the yardage when he reached the ball out was garbage. It's so inconsistent the way they mark that play. Sometimes they give them the reach and then other times they don't. There does not appear to be any sort of rhyme or reason to it. Just whatever the ref felt like at the moment. But we see all the time when a player will reach the ball out in front of the marker just as he goes out of bounds and they give him the first. Especially when QBs scramble and do it. I hate the refs in general.. but I really hate when they're not consistent.

morat1959

Reaction score
Yeah we need Miami to pull this one out. I do have to chuckle watching Lawrence struggle against a secondary missing both starting corners. How many geniuses on this site wanted us to tank and try to make a deal to draft that dude? He may develop into a great QB but it's going to take some time. We would be wasting a stacked roster waitin on him if we had followed that plan.. We already have our great QB.. and we have him for the next decade. And we probably picked up the best defensive player in the draft along the way!! Maybe the Jones boys aint as stupid as they're often made out to be.
He’s gonna be a stud. Your Dak love blinds you. You know nothing about pro football.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'm telling you guys. Belichick is gonna try to win this game by Special Teams!! Dallas better be ready for fake punts. Them coming after our punter. Or something else dealing with ST's. If we play the way we should Dallas should win by 10 or more. But we have to get out fast. Can't have 10 points at the half. IMO

Mannix

Reaction score
Belichick vs Corky.....this worries me...no matter the talent difference. I'd feel better if Corky stayed at the hotel or in the locker room.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i think the pats will try to limit our run game.
this might be a day we go over the top.
can't wait for kick-off.
1987 the last road win over new england.
that was a cbs game also...just like today.
Go☆Cowboys.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Speaking of the Miami/JAX game.. why do they pronounce Tua's last name like it has an N in it? Not only does it not have one but there actually is no N in the Hawaiian alphabet which is what Hawaiian names are typically based on.

Tua may be from Hawaii but he is Samoan.

Status
Not open for further replies.