Cowboys vs. Patriots

Johnny23

Reaction score
when was the last time we actually beat the patriots?
December 15th,1996 12-6 week 16 of that season. We have lost 5 straight against New England including all four games against Brady and Belichick.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The defense will somehow have to keep NE under 20 points and force 2-3 turnovers. I think it'll be tough sledding for the offense all day vs that defense and the fact that Belliicheck will most definitely double Cooper.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Player vs player we have better overall talent than they do

Cowboys fans routinely believe the talent level of the team is higher than it actually is, while also thinking specific players suck. It's fascinating.

We could debate offense, although NE has a clear edge at the most important position. Defensively, they have better players than Dallas.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you guys think we match up against the Patriots, player vs. player. This isn’t about coaching. This thread is only about our personnel vs their personnel.
Player vs player, we match up very well. The problem is Head Coach vs. Head coach. We do not match up well there at all.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have a way more talented defense.

Patriots defense A+
Cowboys defence C-
Patriots offense B-
Cowboys offense A

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Patriots' defense is no joke. Number two overall against the run. Number two overall versus the pass.

Nothing less than Dallas' offense bringing their A game will suffice against New England's defense. Whatever miscommunication dysfunction that occurred offensively had better died during the three-game losing streak.

The offense must improve upon its four quarter/well executed effort seen in the Eagles' game in the upcoming games with the Giants, Vikings and Lions. The game's outcome should not be left solely in the defense's hands. Maher should buckle up too. Special teams and field goals will likely be critical components.

Personally, I am not seeking a blowout performance versus the Giants. I do want to see continued, smart, hard, pedal-to-the-metal football. Beat New York and get better. That would be a positive step forward in preparing for Brady & Co down the road.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Cant beat Brady and Bellichick so we need to neutralize the one we can have some effect on . Trade for a DT NOW!!!! Get pressure on Brady hit him early and often take the flag it will come anyway so make it count when it dose

If we can plant him like the Jets were planting Dak after every pass we have a punchers chance .

Cant be nice guys that game Nasty live for the day and no holds barred. Need to enter that game figuring the refs are going to protect Brady and manipulate the game .

When we get the 15yrds I dont want it to be for inadvertently touching Bradys face mask . HE NEEDS TO BE ON HIS BACK!!!! The defense needs to watch the interview with Deacon Jones from NFL Films before the game to get the perspective on what needs to happen to win this game!!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I don't think we've beaten Tom Brady ever.

Some QBs like him, Rivers, and Rodgers just own the Cowboys. Talent aside, I don't feel good about this game at all, though I'm curious how many Cowboys fans travel to the game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
dont we have other games between now and then, a bit premature IMO..we will find out when we play them.. good litmus test for us..

perrykemp

Reaction score
So far this season Patriots opponents have 1 TD and 18 Interceptions for an overall 35.6 QB rating.

If the Cowboys think they'll be able to just show up and do their thing, they won't have a chance. Cowboys will need to change it up in order to have a chance of winning the game.

jsb357

Reaction score
at NE they go in front 21-7 by halftime

Dallas scores 7 opening 3rd and 3 in the 4th

NE scores another 10

31-17 NE

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Patriots and the NFL are scared of us. Brady, Belicheck the refs and Goodell are having secret meetings at a different massage parlors each week as we post in this thread.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I'm thinking about going to this game as I live approximately 30m from Gillette stadium. Just don't know I can stand the Pats fans!

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
12/15/1996 New England Patriots 6 @ Dallas Cowboys 12. Parcells was their coach, so we've never beaten Belicheat.
I was at that game!! Walking to the stadium, I fell and ripped my pants and skinned my knee!! There was blood dripping down my leg! As soon as I entered the stadium, I had to find the first aid station. The medics made me take off my pants to treat my wound!! To this day, I still have a scar on my knee from that incident. I also tell people, I took off my pants at Texas Stadium once!! LOL :D

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was at that game!! Walking to the stadium, I fell and ripped my pants and skinned my knee!! There was blood dripping down my leg! As soon as I entered the stadium, I had to find the first aid station. The medics made me take off my pants to treat my wound!! To this day, I still have a scar on my knee from that incident. I also tell people, I took off my pants at Texas Stadium once!! LOL :D

Well, you know what to do. Take another one for the team. You have another leg. Quit thinking about yourself all the time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The New York Giants are next on the schedule not the Patriots.
Hey Beave! Fans dont see the giants as a threat, they are almost as bad as
they thought the jets were lol.
Plus the patriot game is the most interesting of the year, and the ultimate test.