Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

Zordon

Reaction score
last drive was a thing of beauty. i thought frederick had a really good game. i'm crossing my fingers hoping cutler is not back for the next game. if we beat chicago i could see this team going on a little streak.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
last drive was a thing of beauty. i thought frederick had a really good game. i'm crossing my fingers hoping cutler is not back for the next game. if we beat chicago i could see this team going on a little streak.

I'd be more fearful of McCown than Cutler.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Team was flat after the big win in the Meadowlands. Kind of expected, but glad they got there feet under them and took over the game.

Dunbar was a catalyst, hope the the injury isn't serious.

Plankton

Reaction score
Truly a game of two halves.

The first half, the Cowboys were dominated on both lines. The offense looked very shaky, the run pass balance was way out of whack, and the defensive line wasn't getting within three yards of McGloin each time he went back to pass. The Cowboys sold out to stop the run, and were being carved up through the air. The team truly looked like it was feeling the effects of a short week off of an emotional, physical win over a division rival the previous Sunday.

Then, the two minute drive at the end of the first half seemed to change everything. Romo found a groove, and Murray's TD run was a well timed play call for a situation where the Raiders were thinking pass.

In the second half, the roles flipped. The offensive line, in particular, the left side of the line, absolutely enforced their will on the Raider defense, and the run game came alive. The offense controlled the pace in the second half, and the defense did just enough. It turned out to be a very nice win, and sets them up to be in a position to absorb two difficult conference games in the next two weeks. The rest before Chicago is much needed.

Romo was real solid today, Dunbar has been a revelation the last two weeks (hopefully the knee injury is minor), and Tyron Smith continues to be a monster (he owned Lamarr Houston today). The defense is still a little scary (they made Andre Holmes look like a Pro Bowler - Jerry Jones must have been so proud), but they made plays when they needed to.

Hopefully Lee is healthy for the Monday nighter against the Bears - Matt Forte will be a real test, as will the secondary's ability to handle Marshall and Jeffery. The offense will need to be on point next week.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

30yrheel

Reaction score
Tell that to the Patriots. Ravens. Steelers. Saints. Giants. They've seemed to be able to escape this parity you speak of over recent years.

We're not a victim of anything but mismanagement.

Agree there's better managed teams but the talent level is close team to team. I'm happy with a home win over any team.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
If you have 4 or more intentionally negative posts in this thread you are trolling and in severe danger of catching an infraction.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I felt pretty good even when down 21-7, but didn't want to fall behind my any more than 14.

Dunbar woke us up a little, .. I know he woke Murray up. Murrany looked pretty active after Dunbar got hot.

Witten even looked a little spry at times. Did you notice that?

24 unanswered pts in the NFL is pretty good. Even if the team is 4-7. Pretty good they way we fought back and took control of the game. (in all three phases :) )

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
24 unanswered pts in the NFL is pretty good. Even if the team is 4-7. Pretty good they way we fought back and took control of the game. (in all three phases :) )

A 4-7 team that received a "gift" TD right off the bat...

Give a 4-7 team a gift TD every game and they aren't going to be under .500 for long.

It was a good win for Dallas.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
HUGE win considering that the Cowboys have 10 days to rest up again. The game against the Bears is astronomically important for the Cowboys to win since they play 2 of their last 3 at home.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep that acceptance bar high, then. I'll take the one-touchdown home win over a bad team and run with it. In an l-triptophan haze right now, anyway.

Last edited:

Nation

Reaction score
I am thankful that the Cowboys won, and even more thankful that the people who can't just be happy the team won are miserable.

mldardy

Reaction score
Nope. I do not agree.

The Dallas Cowboys used to stand for something. I will not be okay with simply being one of the pack.

Hey, guys...it's okay. Look at the Bengals.

Feh.

Huh? This isn't the 90s Cowboys. This isn't the old NFL. You can't have those standards anymore. The standards now are get in the playoffs get hot, a little lucky.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but that's W, L, W, L, W, W. This is the first time this season we've broken the pattern, I believe.

You're missing a W in there. We beat Sk*ns & Eagles back:back earlier in that stretch, too. The back:backs sandwiched the L, W, L.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. Keep that acceptance bar high, then. I'll take the one-touchdown home win over a bad team and run with it. In an l-triptophan haze right now, anyway.

I think many of us realize that this team (the Cowboys) aren't a "Top-8" football team at this point... Too many holes on defense.

But a win is a win is a win. :)

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Dunbar needs to be our RB between the 20's. Let Murray pound it in.

It was an ugly win, but I'll take it

mldardy

Reaction score
Tell that to the Patriots. Ravens. Steelers. Saints. Giants. They've seemed to be able to escape this parity you speak of over recent years.

We're not a victim of anything but mismanagement.

The Ravens and the Pats yes but the Saints, Steelers, Giants have all missed the playoffs multiple times in the last 10 years.