Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'm off the kool aide. This team is the same dumb azzzz team they always were!

Fmart322

Reaction score
Why didn't we use Pollard more? Zeke isn't getting it done.
How many times can you get a PI on one guy and not take him out? That ejection on Joseph hurt.
Why did they go for 2 when an extra point makes it a 7pt game? Made no sense at all.
How come they didn't play hurry up more? That worked pretty well.
Why doesn't Dak run anymore? They know he's not so running so they don't have to worry about it.
Why do we still have Greg Zuerlein? He misses way to many kicks.

Other than that were doing great.

CWR

Reaction score
Dak who I crapped on most the game actually put together a solid outing. It wasn't great, but it wasn't as terrible as it looked like it was gonna be.

It's a big deal missing 4 pro-bowl level players.

We should've won regardless, injuries are part of the game.

It didn't help we had a huge percentage of the worst, most critical calls go against us. NFL officiating is worse than ever.

Too bad we don't get 10 full days. Hopefully we bring back Lamb, Coop, and Dlaw. Gregory soon after.

This team can still put it together but it's obvious we need guys healthy and we need to play smart and be good enough to overcome terrible officiating because we haven't caught many breaks there this year. We can forget about that one seed. We will be playing Wild card weekend.

tcc0808

Reaction score
Refs suck...but this is a one and done team if they make the playoffs..

They need to fix a lot fast.
I do think they can fix some things - and they are getting some “stars” back soon. I think it will make a difference - not sure If that difference is enough to (1) win the division (2) win a playoff game or (3) win more than one. I’m hopeful they can at least win the division

Mark

Reaction score
Anyone still talking about playoff seeding here? The way this time is playing - and long-time fans have seen it before - this team has wheels off, and is primed to miss the playoffs entirely. As the Buffalo Bills have learned: "Objects in the rear view mirror are closer than they appear."

This team does not run the ball when down by a touchdown or more. What is more worrying is the total lack of discipline, in their participation in all sorts of random penalties. Some of them questionable...more of them being the result of poor coaching and low football IQ.

I do think the officiating crew took the game away from the players today, and made it suck more than it should have.

Hey...the Cowboys have ruined dozens of Thanksgivings in the fifty years I've been watching them. Three in a row, now...but we're all used to it, right?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

lsg13

Reaction score
McCarthy was chasing points and the kicker was the reason why. Their slumping right now, but the have get it together and streak into the Playoffs...still time.
don't have the defense to make a playoff run, even with Gregory back they don't have enough talent to make a strong run... our linebacker is the only one that can get any pressure on the QB.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That guy hasn't progress, it's news worthy when he makes a play... 4 PI calls in one game then there are the completions to his man so did he even make a play all day?
He is the weak link and will continue to cost the Cowboys games because he is just not a professional starting DB in the NFL... that's just a fact.
I cannot argue any of that. Brown ended up with excellent coverage on his man. During that single play, the only thing missing from his technique was looking for the ball. His game is just sad.

khiladi

Reaction score
Look.. teams are playing 8 in the box and man coverage… This is not new, it’s been Dak’s career here the whole time, especially with the OL.

They don’t do that with elite QBs like Herbert, Rodgers and Brady…

They are daring our QB to beat them for 4 straight quarters.. if you get protection up front, it’s not hard any QB that’s in the NFL to get stats, because you don’t have to process fast.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Uh…no. We will never go to the SB with Dak. He’s been playing QB for how many years now and he misses a wide open Brown in OT. That throw to Brown has to be made…every…single…time…with the game on the line. It’s incredible he missed that throw…among many others. He deserves everything ounce of criticism, because of the money he makes. Dak asked for this. Jerry gave it to him. Dak has to carry the team. I just don’t think he’s capable of it any longer.

Dak hasn't been the same since that NE game. Too careful and his reads progressions are slower than a sloth. He had Schultz open and a few other guys and just stood in the pocket and danced.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but something has to be done about the officiating man! This is a travesty. We didn’t play a solid game by no stretch of the imagination, but for them to decide a game that’s gone into OT just stinks of conspiracy man. This is not right. This doesn’t happen if it’s GB, TB, TB, LA, PITTSBURGH, NE. That call isn’t going to be made in OT. to decide the outcome. I’m sorry, it’s just not. On to N.O.

mldardy

Reaction score
Need to start giving the ball more to pollard! Give him some reps in big drives, he would of got that first down on the screen to zeke in OT!
I agree with this. We also didn't try to run the ball in that overtime. I might have done what Romo said run the ball on that 3rd and 4 and see what you get and if you get any positive yardage like a 4th and 1 just run it again. Giving it back to the Raiders was just asking for it.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Fire the kicker. They were chasing points all game...again.

The secondary was rough, especially after Joseph was ejected and Lewis went down. Kazee is a liability, takes horrible angles. Hooker and Kearse should be getting the majority with Wilson out. Brown...the first 3 penalties were sketchy. The PI in OT was unacceptable. He needs to get his act together or lose his starting job.

McCarthy has to be the worst game manager I've ever seen. His team plays hard for him but his in-game decisions are a major liability.

Dak was rough at times but in his defense, his receivers were getting mugged 15 yards down the field all game. Still, 400+ yards, a pair of TD's, and no interceptions is enough to get it done.

The o-line looked better but not by much. They have work to do to get back to where they were earlier in the season. Pass blocking was hit or miss, run blocking wasn't bad. Why they abandoned the run, I have no idea. Moore has a tendency to do that and it's on big Mike to fix it.

Pollard should have been in for the majority of Q4 and OT. Zeke clearly isn't 100% and Tony was electric today. He should be getting the majority of snaps until Zeke is healthy.

Thank the gods we get D-Law, Cooper, and CeeDee back next week. Once Randy is back as well everything should be right as rain. I'm not worried about this team and still believe they can be a major threat in the playoffs as long as the injury bug is in the past. I am worried about the coach and his job needs to be up for review at the end of the season if he doesn't right the ship.

MattMc33

Reaction score
This season is rapidly turning to crap. Not much more you can say. So bloody depressing.