Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Anthony Brown deserves to be fired. But he won't be. Why not? Because there's no accountability on this team. There hasn't been since Jimmy left.

He'll probably get a raise after tonight.

fishspill

Reaction score
Zeke needs to have a lighter load next week then take that extended rest period. Should emphasize the Pollard stuff against Saints next week. Let Zeke heal.

Mr_437

Reaction score
don't have the defense to make a playoff run, even with Gregory back they don't have enough talent to make a strong run... our linebacker is the only one that can get any pressure on the QB.
Well see...RG, DLaw n Gallimore that's 3 QB hunters to add to Parsons pressure. QB had plenty time today, and it cost the Defense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's better to not know success than to know it and long for it knowing it will never be. It's like unrequited love.

But then there are hoping and dreaming that some day I'll see it never to see it. At least if I saw success, I could hold onto something of what a successful team looks like. I don't know what that looks like with this team.

lsg13

Reaction score
Cowboys are as bad as the Giants going and hiring a bad head coach and thinking he will become good as a coordinator... Defense is terrible so we have to score 35+ a game to realistically have a chance to win games.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Anyone still talking about playoff seeding here? The way this time is playing - and long-time fans have seen it before - this team has wheels off, and is primed to miss the playoffs entirely. As the Buffalo Bills have learned: "Objects in the rear view mirror are closer than they appear."

This team does not run the ball when down by a touchdown or more. What is more worrying is the total lack of discipline, in their participation in all sorts of random penalties. Some of them questionable...more of them being the result of poor coaching and low football IQ.

I do think the officiating crew took the game away from the players today, and made it suck more than it should have.

Hey...the Cowboys have ruined dozens of Thanksgivings in the fifty years I've been watching them. Three in a row, now...but we're all used to it, right?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Sad state of affairs for this once proud franchise

mldardy

Reaction score
Anyone still talking about playoff seeding here? The way this time is playing - and long-time fans have seen it before - this team has wheels off, and is primed to miss the playoffs entirely. As the Buffalo Bills have learned: "Objects in the rear view mirror are closer than they appear."

This team does not run the ball when down by a touchdown or more. What is more worrying is the total lack of discipline, in their participation in all sorts of random penalties. Some of them questionable...more of them being the result of poor coaching and low football IQ.

I do think the officiating crew took the game away from the players today, and made it suck more than it should have.

Hey...the Cowboys have ruined dozens of Thanksgivings in the fifty years I've been watching them. Three in a row, now...but we're all used to it, right?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
We aren't getting the 1 seed. I honestly don't care that much because there is only one bye anyway and that was going to be difficult to get. We just need to get right/healthy and worry about winning this division at this point.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
My God. I am absolutely disgusted by the officiating today. If this game wasn't proof positive that the NFL is rigged in the sense that games are called a certain way, then you're as blind as a bat or in total denial. The refs literally converted five or six third downs for the Raiders and three or four of them on very dubious DPI. It was literally the refs + Raiders vs the Cowboys.

The NFL has become the No-Integrity Football League.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
But then there are hoping and dreaming that some day I'll see it never to see it. At least if I saw success, I could hold onto something of what a successful team looks like. I don't know what that looks like with this team.

I got on late towards the tail end of the success. So I know what you mean but when it ended it was hard and fast.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm more disappointed in myself.
Despite the evidence of 25 years, I made myself believe that the 6-1 start was a new beginning for the Cowboys.
We're going to keep building on our wins and get home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
But just like a failed lunar mission, my hopes came crashing back to earth.
I just can't do it any more. Even if they hit a four-game winning streak (which I doubt), I'm remaining chill until they have playoff success - if they get there.
And, sorry, but I'm disappointed in Dak.
I think he's still a good quarterback, but he simply can't carry a team.
You've got to make those throws in OT. It had nothing to do with backup receivers.
You've got to throw the ball on time.
Sadly, I can't wait to hear Shannon Sharpe and Stephen A.
They can slap me back to reality.

Swagger

Reaction score
I have to also highlight when Zeke was acting as cheerleader to pump up the crowd...that was his best play of the game!
He deserves a bit of slack as it looked like he injured his ankle pretty badly last week but come on man, you did not really influence the game so why do the cheerleading - it's just embarrassing