Game Day ***Cowboys vs Raiders Pregame thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Grier will play the entire game tonight knowing he will be out. So showcase himself for another team. Maybe they can trade him. :laugh:

Also Lance takes up a roster spot for QB3. As to where Grier would have been on PS and emergency QB on game day.
so where do they go short on what position.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This game will be the most wasted preseason game in Cowboys history as we throw away a whole game's worth of snaps to a guy we have already made the decision to cut. This is one of those unique advantages Jerry brings since he can't be fired.

Every snap, even in the preseason, is highly valuable. To waste them on Grier after informing him he will no longer be with the team is ridiculous.

These should be going to Rush, or are we so scared of injuries that even the back up is bubble-wrapped?
Really? The only guys that will play big snaps in this game are bubble/practice squad players. They are not going to give Grier the playbook for this game.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
McCarthy is bringing out a brilliant gameplan today. Grier is going to throw like 8 TDs and 600 yards, and we’ll be able to trade him for another 4th round pick, only for him to start sucking again on his new team.

The league is playing checkers while McCarthy plays chess.

Mannix

Reaction score
I'm very anxious to see Aidan O'Connell...the QB that we should have drafted in lieu of the mistake we made yesterday.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why not, our other QB's are the same way. :lmao2::popcorn:
Dak will not have any snaps until the regular season. Grier looks awful. Rush was ok. So Lance can't be any worse.
They are going to give Will Grier the opportunity to put a good full-game performance on tape for other teams in the NFL to see. In reality, they are allowing Will to dig his own grave for his NFL career.

plasticman

Reaction score
Ronald Jones runs for 150 yards and 3 TD's.

So much for all those 53 man roster predictions. So much for Dowdle, Malik, and Luepke.

Yeah, I know, but it sure would complicate things.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So Grier will play the entire game tonight knowing he will be out. So showcase himself for another team. Maybe they can trade him. :laugh:

Also Lance takes up a roster spot for QB3. As to where Grier would have been on PS and emergency QB on game day.
so where do they go short on what position.
I think there will be lots of moving parts with veterans they are not afraid of losing, such as a player like McKeon, who is the fourth TE. You can cut him, put him on the PS, bring him up for games and then when that runs out, sign him to the roster if there is room.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ronald Jones runs for 150 yards and 3 TD's.

So much for all those 53 man roster predictions. So much for Dowdle, Malik, and Luepke.

Yeah, I know, but it sure would complicate things.
At the moment, I think Jones is the odd man out and Dowdle and Deuce get kept as the backups. Of course, maybe not with the suspension. I can't remember on suspended players if they count against the initial roster.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I would like to see Dak play at least one series, but I understand the caution.
I wonder if Lance is going to be on the sideline (or in uniform) and if the camera flashes on him, what reaction he receives.

Status
Not open for further replies.