Game Day ***Cowboys vs Rams post game thread ***

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
I watched the game at a sports bar here in NJ. What an absolute pleasure this afternoon was as a Cowboys fan. Watching the vagiants get humiliated (sheli was lucky that they dropped another pick towards the end of the game), seeing the Skins lose and even watching other NFC teams like the Pack and Vikings lose was beautiful. What made the Lions/Skins game even better was that I had Stafford, Megatron and Bell in fantasy football. It was so nice to watch the offense play the way we all have wanted it to for so long. Great running game, Romo looked really sharp for the first time in a while. He was barely touched. I can't say enough about the OL. The defense played great. We need to re-sign Selvie and Hatcher ASAP. Loved watching the young guys continue to contribute. With the exception of Harris' fumbled punt we did not shoot ourselves in the foot. Hardly any stupid penalties like false starts or motion penalties. The only negative is that we are not 3-0. We really let that KC win get away. Let's hope we continue to buid on what we did today. I really appreciate wins like today's victory. Very low stress. It was really just enjoyable football. I'm proud of how the team played today. Go Cowboys!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I love how the nancies were saying this was going to be a close game and not to underestimate the Rams. And now its "oh its the Rams we should have blown them out"

This is me, I'm not a nancy though.

This was the September game I was worried about the most all along.

Two conference wins is big. We need to beat San Diego and then Washington.

Skins will have two weeks to get ready for us but if we beat them it could be an early knockout punch.

newlander

Reaction score
I didn't see the game but from what I've read, their OL and DL are playing terribly. They've only won 3 of their past 11 games too.

yep....and unless my eyes deceived me....they QUIT in the middle of the 3rd qtr....like our guys quit on Wade. I think Coughlin's seat is now officially HOT

newlander

Reaction score
It was that knee that caused him to miss time in camp. They haven't updated it yet.

that SUCKS...missed game and will have to catch in on NFL replay on tues. or wed........we all know Leary's knee is just a ticking time bomb. Hate to say it because the kid has game but....it's why he wasn't drafted

..........so Austin with the hammy and Leary with the knee left the game? If any others, please update..TIA

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
that SUCKS...missed game and will have to catch in on NFL replay on tues. or wed........we all know Leary's knee is just a ticking time bomb. Hate to say it because the kid has game but....it's why he wasn't drafted

..........so Austin with the hammy and Leary with the knee left the game? If any others, please update..TIA

Leary came back in and played I believe. Austin as held out because of the score.

Hoov

Reaction score
great game. I think the Rams are a good team. Not a great team and probably not a playoff team this year but they have a good defense and Fisher is a good coach. The fact that the cowboys manhandled them is a very good sign.

Hoov

Reaction score
I watched the game at a sports bar here in NJ. What an absolute pleasure this afternoon was as a Cowboys fan. Watching the vagiants get humiliated (sheli was lucky that they dropped another pick towards the end of the game), seeing the Skins lose and even watching other NFC teams like the Pack and Vikings lose was beautiful. What made the Lions/Skins game even better was that I had Stafford, Megatron and Bell in fantasy football. It was so nice to watch the offense play the way we all have wanted it to for so long. Great running game, Romo looked really sharp for the first time in a while. He was barely touched. I can't say enough about the OL. The defense played great. We need to re-sign Selvie and Hatcher ASAP. Loved watching the young guys continue to contribute. With the exception of Harris' fumbled punt we did not shoot ourselves in the foot. Hardly any stupid penalties like false starts or motion penalties. The only negative is that we are not 3-0. We really let that KC win get away. Let's hope we continue to buid on what we did today. I really appreciate wins like today's victory. Very low stress. It was really just enjoyable football. I'm proud of how the team played today. Go Cowboys!

Now if Indy can beat the 49ers and Pitt beats Chicago it will be icing on the cake.

Zordon

Reaction score
This is me, I'm not a nancy though.

This was the September game I was worried about the most all along.

Two conference wins is big. We need to beat San Diego and then Washington.

Skins will have two weeks to get ready for us but if we beat them it could be an early knockout punch.

we need a big fan turnout in san diego. this team seems to feed off of our fans taking over opponent's stadium. we need to make this like san fran 2011.

ragman

Reaction score
I'd like to see one Cowboys fan complain about this win today against the Rams.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
we need a big fan turnout in san diego. this team seems to feed off of our fans taking over opponent's stadium. we need to make this like san fran 2011.

I imagine you can count on it.

Chargers at 1-2 having blown another game and not much of a home fan base anyway.

kevm3

Reaction score
Overall, I just really like this team. This is the first time in a long time that I am not left scratching my head at some decision the organization is making. If we can continue to get consistency on both sides of the ball, this is a team that can make it if not win the superbowl. I honestly believe we have enough talent. It will just come down to execution. The team actually looked disciplined this game. If they can keep it up, they have the potential to go far.

What is really impressing me though is it looks like we have a hard-nosed defense for the first time in a long while.

Plankton

Reaction score
Dominant on both lines today. Absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage. Murray had canyons to run through today. It was a bit surprising that they dominated the Rams DL as much as they did (the Rams DL has a lot of talent), but they absolutely wiped them out.

Pass rush was suffocating, and made Bradford's life hell.

Tyron Smith and Doug Free were outstanding today, and have played pretty well through three games.

The Austin news is a bummer, but this was a hell of a performance that looks even better when you see what happened to the other teams in the division this week. All three teams QB's took beatings this week, especially Eli Manning. The Giants looked like a Pop Warner team today.

On to next week - hopefully the Cowboys come out with the same intensity against the Chargers.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I remember a couple days ago there were a couple of people saying Romo is on the decline and he's past his prime. How the heck they can judge that off of 2 weeks bewilders me, but those people still somehow managed to come up with that conclusion. So what do those same people say now? Still think Romo is on the decline, or was that just a knee-jerk reaction to bash Romo? Eat. Crow.
Dallas played spectacular today, overall as a Team they played wonderful, though I'm sure there will be a few to find something to complain about this week. If we show up like today then we can compete against any team in the NFL! Enjoy the blowout this week, they don't happen often. :D

P.S Calvin Johnson is a a beast! Whoop dat *** Lions!

He only had 210 yards /sarcasm