Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints 2nd half game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

9of11

Reaction score
I'd like to see more McFadden, Micheal, Dunbar, and that new receiver we gave a pick for.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I hope the team is reminded that in the 2nd half, be on high alert for an onsides kick. Saints might look to steal a possession. I wouldnt put it past them.

They caught Bill Parcells with an onside kick.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Sorry but some of ya'll are being trash fans, hoping for a Weeden injury/blasting Sean Lee who plays his tail off for being hurt. He's just an injury prone player and has a lot of freak injuries, it is what it is. Weeden has been OK. He's not making great throws but he moves the ball and he's done a commendable job only throwing one pick in the 3 games he's played so far. He's a BACKUP for a reason. At least he's protecting the ball and giving us a chance. If the team fights and plays smart we will give ourselves a chance to win. We're up right now and getting the ball first, have your QB's back....

The ignore button is your friend. Only way you will stop seeing that stuff..

dupree89

Reaction score
might need a defensive score or a special teams return....at the very least we need a drive that begins deep in saints territory.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weeden is 8/12 for 66 yards... he's certainly not losing this game for us at least...

I was pretty disappointed we didn't upgrade backup QB this offseason, but so far, Weeden really hasn't been the problem in these games. He's been about what you can expect from a backup guy who doesn't have the experience or the reps or the skills to be a starter but who's got a good arm and a decent grasp of the offense and who is working with a somewhat limited game plan.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Side note: How in the hell was Brandon Weeden a 2nd-Round MLB pick, played baseball for 6 whole years, and yet he still never made it past Single-A ball..? That's almost unheard of.

Who cares about baseball? Most boring sport in America.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I hope the team is reminded that in the 2nd half, be on high alert for an onsides kick. Saints might look to steal a possession. I wouldnt put it past them.

Great call. I could see them trying it. What do they really have to lose?????

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Need some Cmike to lay some wood on this defense man! We aren't imposing our will at all

kramskoi

Reaction score
LT Armstead may or may not return. I think you get Lawrence going with some "games" if he doesn't...he already has one sack. Will be interesting to see if Weeden finally throws some intermediate passes. 0-2 over 20, everything else in the 10 yard range iirc.

superonyx

Reaction score
Still waiting to see this amazing offensive line everyone keeps talking about impose their will on the game.

So far they are looking like they needed Demarco and Romo's genius to make them look so good.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Side note: How in the hell was Brandon Weeden a 2nd-Round MLB pick, played baseball for 6 whole years, and yet he still never made it past Single-A ball..? That's almost unheard of.

His suckitude traverses multiple sports.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Need to get Beasley and Escobar involved. Cause lord knows weeden isn't going to throw the receivers on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.