Game Day *** Cowboys vs Saints 2nd Half thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
13-0 in the half, and all our Offensive Players are outplaying their Saint's counterpoints.

Raise your hand if you saw this coming?

I did say earlier in the week I think Dak has his best game of the season. The rest I did not see coming.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Sorry. 3rd and 15 with 38 seconds on the clock you have to call a TO there and give your offense a chance to score a FG before the half. But they don't trust Prescott. That was awful. Good teams don't do that.
Against Drew Brees. I don’t even blame him for not saving time.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'm looking at it like we're leaving points on the field against a team that can click at any moment. Yes I trust our defense, but I don't like we don't go for points when the game so far has been in our hand.

Lame duck always coaching not to lose. This team is too talented for that shtick.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Great half....perfect Cowboys game instead of a shootout. We’d all love more points, butthat half wasn’t just the defense. The offense was really grinding and keeping the Saints offense off the field with first downs. That drive from our own 2 and actually getting points....beautiful.

cern

Reaction score
Fat lady hasn't sang yet, but a very good start.

Verdict

Reaction score
Cowboys need to keep their composure. The first drive of the second half will be critical.

The Saints will be pulling out all the stops on the opening drive. If we can get a punt on that first drive the Saints may implode. They aren't used to this.

Defense playing well. Saints did way too much talking and coming into this assuming a win. They won't be assuming a win in the second half. Defense needs to bring it in the second half.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Very good first half.

Offense needs to score more than 13 points the second half though. Something tells me it will still take more than 26 points to win this.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I am blown away with our D!!! 2 more quarters. I wish more points, but a couple of bad plays. J7st clean it up and bring that win...

Patrick

Reaction score
I'm *blanking* my pants and I'm even a few beer deep.

I'm still worried that this pretty much perfect half wasn't enough though. Could be up 21-0 right now right now.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Saints will adjust and will come out swinging. C’mon defense one more half!
How conservative will Linderhan and Garrett-top get??? I hope they pull out the kitchen sink this half.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Zeke has 14 carries for 39 yards and we are up 13-0.

Dak is 15-17 for 194 and a TD.

If it was Rodgers.... All we would hear is how he is willing his team to a victory without a running game

CWR

Reaction score
Sorry. 3rd and 15 with 38 seconds on the clock you have to call a TO there and give your offense a chance to score a FG before the half. But they don't trust Prescott. That was awful. Good teams don't do that.

They are afraid of the Saints offense and conservative by nature.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, red zone FG and a fumble, blah, blah, blah.

Who wouldn't have taken a 13 point halftime lead 3 hours ago?

That's what I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.